Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone brought up the question few days back about the difference between 100 grain and 125 grain Field Point

First picture is 27 1/2 yards because that was sort of a consensus a while back on an average shot

Second picture is at 40 yards these were three shots 100 grain 125 grain and 175 grain Field Point

Note... the two hevier heads shot left about an inch consistently the hundred grain was dead on, this was a Bloodsport 425 grain Arrow Moon Nock

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

2nd pic got turned sideways somehow

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
So no real diff out to 40 yds .
Except , those heavier heads hit harder .
Thanks for sharing Randy !!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I think heavier points would cause the shaft to flex more upon the launch and could be pointing in a slightly different direction after the porpoising straightens out makes sense to me.

If you sighted in with all 175gr points, you should be able to get them all hit the bull consistently. Then if you shot a 100gr point that shaft would flex less and possibly hit to the right. :oops:

Reactions: SEW and dynamo61

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly....the bloodsport apparently had some flex caused by the heavier points. The arrow with the 175gr. head buried all the fletchings in the target,other 2 went about 1/2 way in. I may try it with a Zombie today{stiffer shaft} see if it still shoots left with more weight.

·
Registered
570 Posts
what was once a perfectly good dixie plate is now going to be difficult to eat creamy cole slaw off of. WTH was you thinking??????????? :giggle: ;) Just Kidding.

·
Registered
533 Posts
what was once a perfectly good dixie plate is now going to be difficult to eat creamy cole slaw off of. WTH was you thinking??????????? :giggle: ;) Just Kidding.
I don't think you're allowed to use the word dixie anymore. It's just too offensive to some.:rolleyes:
Sorry, didn't mean to highjack this thread.

Reactions: PBR and dynamo61

·
8,875 Posts
I don't think you're allowed to use the word dixie anymore. It's just too offensive to some.:rolleyes:
Best general in the war! ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
I merely used the word Dixie because it was clearly printed on the plate. But never the less, I am wrong, you are right. Now I don't know WTH I was thinking. :confused: I will immediately go to the blackboard and write 100 times "I will not use the word Dixie anymore". 😰 :whistle: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🗽
Now I am hijacking this thread. Sorry Wapster

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My threads are usually so stupid I pray for someone to hijack it ! Did you hear about the 3 guy that walked into a bar?:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I first read that I thought it said prostituting outside.......lol

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Results from the 20 in Zombie slayers same bow at 392 feet per second

No Dixie Products were harmed in this final experiment

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
So,Moon ,Iron duke. and sew walked into a bar. K townkiller was bartending. Wildcatter was protesting outside......... :unsure:

Now that was funny.

We need a LMAO emoji.

·
8,875 Posts
So,Moon ,Iron duke. and sew walked into a bar. K townkiller was bartending. Wildcatter was protesting outside......... :unsure:
Union guys … don't "protest." ;) They call it a "picket line." :p "Wildcatter was picketing outside."😂

Reactions: robertyb and SEW

·
8,875 Posts
Results from the 20 in Zombie slayers same bow at 392 feet per second

No Dixie Products were harmed in this final experiment

Tells me … light, fast, and flat is the way to fly!!! Nice work pardner.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the stiffer Zombie shafts I didnt get the left "kick" with the 125 and 175gr. heads. All 3 100, 125, 175 stayed vertical. Please keep in mind, this test was only to show arrow drop at 27.5 /40yrds which is so minimal I would never be concerned to switch from 100gr.to 125gr. or even heavier. The fact that different brands or stiffness of arrows will require your own tests on your own equipment. This was just what happened in my back yard....your mileage may vary.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts