Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK, tried ordering from the website but did not understand some of the selections.
Sent an email to Tapp Nation stating we would like to try their Spynal Tapps for target shooting.
Let's see what they say.
Its best to call

Call eric 813 545 0754

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for your good advises. I tried that way, the result was not constantly the same. One reason maybe my unprofessional bench rest. A carpet roll on a table. I have to optimize.
Basically you are right, 9 of 10 and more times the shooter is the reason for a bad shot. But the 10th looks like a mystery, sometimes 🤔
Just curious have you tried the same arrows , with heavier field points Ive found that arrows that initially fly well and went off came back into tighter grouping and better accuracy when I upped the grain weight ,,,,only explanation I have is that the extra weight compensated for what ever was slightly out of wack with the arrows ( no need to re set you sight do say a 30 yard shot aim about 3 inches higher at a point on a paper target taped on a target bag with one arrow only use your carpet roll and
Repeat with the same arrow , see if it get close to the same POI )

May help may not , but worth a try .....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OK, tried ordering from the website but did not understand some of the selections.
Sent an email to Tapp Nation stating we would like to try their Spynal Tapps for target shooting.
Let's see what they say.
I'm staying with my XBOLTS ! 🎯 (y):love:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just curious have you tried the same arrows , with heavier field points Ive found that arrows that initially fly well and went off came back into tighter grouping and better accuracy when I upped the grain weight ,,,,only explanation I have is that the extra weight compensated for what ever was slightly out of wack with the arrows ( no need to re set you sight do say a 30 yard shot aim about 3 inches higher at a point on a paper target taped on a target bag with one arrow only use your carpet roll and
Repeat with the same arrow , see if it get close to the same POI )

May help may not , but worth a try .....
Well, I‘m going to test it that weekend. I will report about the results.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,139 Posts
Aluminum, yes. Carbon, no.
I have shot crossbows since the 1967 - 1969 era. As far as I have observed, SOME soft aluminum shafts like the old Easton Gamegetters, and present-day Taiwan/China shafted arrows, yes, they are soft and will bend as they enter a target that causes them to whip as they penetrate a target of uneven density. After YEARS of shooting Easton shafts designated as "XX75" alloy, I have to this day NEVER observed them bending over time; this is mostly internet urban legend that has been repeated so often that it has become some people's "truth". Easton XX75 arrows are all I'll shoot. Carbon may not "warp" with repeated shooting, but I'll guarantee it will degrade under UV rays. I have experienced this with carbon fishing rods that have broken upon casting, simply because of being out in daylight, exposed to UV rays over time. MAYBE they are now adding UV inhibitors to their process, but I'm not taking that chance. When I build a dozen arrows out of Easton XX75 shafts, EVERY ONE IS A SHOOTER, I don't have to try to make 4 or 5 out of a dozen shoot with the others. 12 out of 12 of my Easton XX75 arrows group tight, and only cost me about $4 each to build. JMO, shoot what you want, I don't sell arrows.
ADDED:
See post #6.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts