Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a limited knowlege as to the correct arrow for my current x-bow. I recently purchased a Left over 2005-06 Hunter Max 175. I do not want to use the wrong arrows and cause damage to the bow. I like alum arrows over carbon. But I am open to new ideas. What type of nock flat or half moon, I have read that both could be used with Horton bow:confused:.

Thanks Koz

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Kozman4907 said:
I have a limited knowlege as to the correct arrow for my current x-bow. I recently purchased a Left over 2005-06 Hunter Max 175. I do not want to use the wrong arrows and cause damage to the bow. I like alum arrows over carbon. But I am open to new ideas. What type of nock flat or half moon, I have read that both could be used with Horton bow:confused:.

Thanks Koz
The Horton Lightning Strike MX should be exactly what you are looking for and they are aluminum too. They have the half moon nock. I think Horton got away from the flat nocks years ago.

·
Industry Professional
28 Posts
koz

You can use the lightning Strike MX or Carbon Strike MX both work great with your bow. Call Horton with your serial number as they had a recall in 2004 on the Hunter Max 175# bows. You need to use the moon nock with the newer style Horton bows.

·
1,222 Posts
Not to worry...you can use aluminum arrows in your bow. Just make sure they are of the right length and no less than the minimum weight.
They pull from foam targets a little easier than carbon fiber!

Mike

P.s. L.H., not totally true. My Recon...came from Horton with flat nocks. And as you know...they are about as new as one can get.

·
57 Posts
I use the 20" Behman Thunderbolts in my Supermax 175 and they are very accurate and speedy. However with a 100 gr broadhead they are a little lighter than what Horton recommends...........Doug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts