Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sniper 370,and I notice that sometimes the front of my arrow lifts up just a tad when I nock it. I usually re insert it gently,and it seems to lay flat on the rail,but if I actually push it in to its limit it wants to raise..Is there a proper,and in proper way to nock it? Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Make sure your moonnock is seating /aligned properly to the string. The little “ears” (for lack of a better term) could possibly being wedges under the string slightly askew. I had an issue with a Barnett predator doing the same thing, but that had a composite rail that had an imperfection on the flight track, they replaced it though. But I’d check the nocks first

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Also your arrow retainer might not be holding the arrow down in the track like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a sniper 370,and I notice that sometimes the front of my arrow lifts up just a tad when I nock it. I usually re insert it gently,and it seems to lay flat on the rail,but if I actually push it in to its limit it wants to raise..Is there a proper,and in proper way to nock it? Thanks
I have a sniper 370 too and have noticed this occasionally, in my experience its user error with me not setting the arrow in correctly. I just make sure the fletching is properly under the rail (sometimes 1 side isn't quite flush with the other) and I make sure the bow is on a flat surface when placing the arrow and still.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have experienced raised arrow tip on the rail.
It can be due to several things. The arrow retainer may be putting too much down force. The arrow made bowed slightly. The vee style nock may be contacting the string below center forcing the tip up.
The string may bowing down in the latch well causing the above condition.
The flight rail may be bowed.
The arrow nock may be eccentric causing uneven forces on the arrow.

Reactions: Jeb
1 - 7 of 7 Posts