Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a whitetail hunter . Its my first crossbow. Ive got it sighted in but all my arrows are entering the target with the fletching way off to the left of being perpendicular. I called dealer no help at all. I called Barnett and the tech said she had never heard of such a thing. Even in standard bows. She said I should try some diferent arrows but I am shooting the two arrows that came supplied with the bow until new ones arrive. This kind of was disappointing as anyone who has shot bows for years has seen bows that shoot arrows cock eyed. But I know how to adjust the rest on a compound. I dont see anything to adjust on the crossbow. Every arrow I have shot has been about 15 degrees out of perpendicular with the fletchings off to the left on the entry hole.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
How far is your target?
Sounds like your arrow shafts may be too flexible.
Maybe try 15 to 20 yard shots for now and see if the arrows hit the target more perpendicular?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
A few suggestions:
1)with the bow in the uncocked position, check cam timing and cam leveling.
2)is your target a flat style or rounded (bulged out). A bulged out target when
shooting off center, the arrows some times enter at an angle. In this case, turn
the target at an angle and see if the shots improve.
3) a worn out or a new poor quality target can cause the arrow to do funny things.

Wishing you all the best.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My C5 Wildcat will throw the bolts in a wobble-like spiral if I'm not keeping a very firm grip on the fore end, and pushing the buttstock into my shoulder like I was firing a 30/06. Think, holding the crossbow down to prevent the "recoil" of the limbs from throwing the arrow flight wacky, impacting the target just like you described. Easy fix if you Xbow has the same defligit as mine.

Just an FYI: Nothing helped fixed broadhead flight except the Barnett Crusher mechanicals, and they shoot to the same POI as the target tips every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts