Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arrows

hi folks,

As i mentioned in my introduction thread that i am very new to crossbows. I bought a horton tasco 150 last night. now i have to pick up arrows and tips.....any suggestions i would like to use this for turkey season that opens on the 25th of this month

thanks

scuddzy

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Laughing. I like aluminum arrows a they are more stiff, but you need to see what you prefer with your combo of arrow and broadhead. I use 4 blade MUZZYS and recommend the 100gr as well for the 150lb bows. Since your new I'll offer this advice on turkey for you so you don't have to learn the hard way. Take the broadside shot aiming at the top of the drumstick. If you're low, you take out his legs. Remember, you don't want to hit him in the breast, but instead, the organs. If you don't know where the organs are, find out before you go afield. It will expire faster that way, and not ruin the breast meat. Good Luck buddy and don't forget to share your turkey adventure with us when it's a done deal.

·
Banned
364 Posts
What arrows does Horton recommend using? I believe they recommend their own aluminum arrows with 4" fletch. I would suggest you follow what Guide Girl posted. Being new to crossbows , use the aluminum arrows recommended by Horton! Muzzy 4blade 100gr BH are very good heads and will serve you well.

BUT..... if you can, you should shoot some arrows with a couple different BH's to see what flies the best from your bow.

·
Banned
402 Posts
arrows

It is always best to follow factory suggestions on crossbow arrrows/ not to void the warranty,/Horton has some good factory arrows, .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts