Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1Lite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ASA has a max diameter rule for bolts at 23/64 or 9.3. I just made last mont the transition to crossbow because my AC Joint at my bow arm is fixed and I want it to stay that way especially since I'm 65 years old. I've competed for years and still have some heavy indoor 23/64 from my USAA tournaments I wanted to test on my new slow Sub-1 Lite. With Firenock I can beef up the front and back and they have plenty of front end components for 23/64's, but NO BODY makes anything stout enough for any crossbow. My Sub-1 Lite IBO 335 and 150lb DW. ID.315 on the shafts.

I looked everywhere. Did I miss one dark corner in the archery industry for back end components that could handle 150DW in .315??

·
1,182 Posts
The ASA has a max diameter rule for bolts at 23/64 or 9.3. I just made last mont the transition to crossbow because my AC Joint at my bow arm is fixed and I want it to stay that way especially since I'm 65 years old. I've competed for years and still have some heavy indoor 23/64 from my USAA tournaments I wanted to test on my new slow Sub-1 Lite. With Firenock I can beef up the front and back and they have plenty of front end components for 23/64's, but NO BODY makes anything stout enough for any crossbow. My Sub-1 Lite IBO 335 and 150lb DW. ID.315 on the shafts.

I looked everywhere. Did I miss one dark corner in the archery industry for back end components that could handle 150DW in .315??
The rule is there for guys shooting rail less crossbows. It keeps them from shooting the big line cutting shafts. You don’t want to go bigger diameter on a Sub 1, you will lose accuracy and risk damage to the bow. If you were to load a larger diameter arrow in there the string wouldn’t be pushing on the center of the shaft. A standard diameter crossbow arrow lies down into the flight track so the string pushes directly on the center of the shaft. A larger diameter wouldn’t sit all the way in and then making the string push the arrow from below center.

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1Lite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Super dot punching. I’ve given up on the 23/64 idea and going down the normal path of 22/64. I told myself, “Just seek all the vertical stuff.

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1Lite
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rule is there for guys shooting rail less crossbows. It keeps them from shooting the big line cutting shafts. You don’t want to go bigger diameter on a Sub 1, you will lose accuracy and risk damage to the bow. If you were to load a larger diameter arrow in there the string wouldn’t be pushing on the center of the shaft. A standard diameter crossbow arrow lies down into the flight track so the string pushes directly on the center of the shaft. A larger diameter wouldn’t sit all the way in and then making the string push the arrow from below center.
Ya. I got that impression. Like shooting a .338 Win z mag out of my 7mm Rem Mag. Same cartridge case much bigger bullet. Power stroke would be pushing off center

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
I agree with THA - when I had my Recruit, I tried to use a Firenock but the notch was too far above the rail. In the 1st pic with a moon nock, the string on the rail pushes against the lower part of the latch and when released it would kick the string "up into the center of the nock" - always thought that was a bit scary but is what Barnett said when I called them.

2nd pic shows how high the center of the Firenock sits above the rail and cannot hook onto the string with the string down pressure on the rail. I always thought a bit deeper 45 degree chamfer along the rail slot would allow the shaft to sit deeper but I never had the equipment or guts to to do so.

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design Gas Tints and shades
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Rim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts