Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going in alternate direction that is more focused on skinny arrow play. Main focus is for the Barnett TS and XP/DRT series xbows. Beyond that I don't know. Possibly, Hyperlite shooters and potentially beyond.

Through the good graces of Huntersthompson he has spent some hard earned coin and initiated next steps with Farm Deer/ASAP arrows to custom build Versa nocks to fit .302 inner diameter arrows. I'm test shooting these arrows tomorrow weather permitting.

Mike has posted some very positive results shooting in windy conditions holding line for both windage and elevation POA. Mike can share more on that. 9.3 GPI with .302 diameter make these a very stout pencil shooter. I think 110 grain insert. Heat Vanes too. Will post pics of the custom Versa Nocks.

Weather permitting I'll be shooting tomorrow.

19", 412.6 to 413.2 grain weight with 100grain field points.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, first impression on a brand new target. Penetration stood out to me but need to do more testing.

I have a DRT385 that shot 405 grain Head Hunter at 396fps with 20" crossbow arrow. Then shot my TS380 that shoots the GT Hunters weighing 412grain at 375fps. Shot distance 12 yards. The GT smaller diameter arrow penetrated noticeably deeper, traveling 24fps slower than my DRT385. I need to shoot more. First initial test. It was a pain the arse to get this arrow buried 1/4 into the fletching out of the target. Heat vanes are tough as nails.

The versatility for ASAP to custom design and make a smaller diameter nock impresses. Says a lot about his ability to customize to the customer needs. Plan to shoot out to 40 yards today.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit and SEW

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 24" Ironman was delivered today. Gonna be a lot shooting now and I look forward to being a two finger arrow puller after I shoot downrange.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts
My 24" Ironman was delivered today. Gonna be a lot shooting now and I look forward to being a two finger arrow puller after I shoot downrange.
Those are nice targets. They are very much like the Spyderwebs. It's the same material in each of them. It's how each company builds the frame around them that separates them..but, I love my Spyderweb target. It's the best one I have next to my Morrell colection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts