Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has the atn x Sight 4k pro. I have realize that because I manually cock my scorpyd, I have to be carful and not damage anything or rub anything when cocking back…. So my question is A. Will I need to be mindful when cocking as to not damage anything…and B. Is the atn a viable option on 100-150 yard shots? Want to start recording range and woods visits

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
ATN 4K is a great tool. Due to the ballistics of the bow to optic, if you want to shoot out to 150 yards you will need to set the zero yardage to say 50 yards so the optics will be proportional to the ballistic profile, else you will get a message; " Range not possible" or similar.

I have mine on a XR and Wrath. Once you understand the technology and how to "tune" the optic, you will never look back.
Plant Machine gun Military camouflage Air gun Trigger

Reactions: Shwhackattack

·
Registered
Scorpyd Orion Ravin R9
279 Posts
ATN 4K is a great tool. Due to the ballistics of the bow to optic, if you want to shoot out to 150 yards you will need to set the zero yardage to say 50 yards so the optics will be proportional to the ballistic profile, else you will get a message; " Range not possible" or similar.

I have mine on a XR and Wrath. Once you understand the technology and how to "tune" the optic, you will never look back. View attachment 212286
A lot of optic on that bow, but at one time I had a Sightmark Photon night vision scope on my Scorpyd Orion and it shot "lights out". It also had a special reticle selection for crossbows. I quickly went back to my Hawke scope because the Sightmark only had black and white capability during daylight hours and I didn't like that. But for the original poster, you can put that scope on there, but depending on your purposes it can be a pain in the ass dragging it around- quite a bit of weight on a larger crossbow. I love and hate my Orion. Great bow if I didn't have to lug it around for miles, but the upside is that it does precisely what it is supposed to do. Also, at one time I also had an ATN day/night scope and it was very accurate but heavy (used it on a .223 for coyotes). I wanted it mostly for night time hunting, and the night vision was very grainy. That was probably 4 years ago, so their technology has probably improved.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
4K has many improvements over the old X-sight. Full HD color recording and photo's. heavy? Yes, but well worth the payback to have a hunt recorded. One Shot zero is incredible. Place your shot, hold CH on the aim point, scroll the second CH to the POI and press the button. You now are dead zero in one shot.
I don't carry my bow so sitting in it my pod isn't an issue. Would I want to stalk with it? NO. I shot a Doe last week and recorded over five minutes of 8 Does that came in at once. harvested the largest and was able to show the family the entire hunt, start to finish. That alone is "worth it's weight" for me.
Lots of great choices out there. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I think I know who you are speaking of Rit. I have spoken to MT many times assisting on setups. Once you play with it a bit you will truly be amazed at what it can do for you. The ATN site does a great job of explaining all the features.
NOW, I do like my SIG BDX system very much. If it had RF and video capability I would most likely go with it over the ATN. Sadly SIG has progressed to that level yet.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! Now how’s the night / day vision? How far out can I realistically take a shot at its flat conditions without supplemental lights? Can I attach a secondary ir light to the scope?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Now how’s the night / day vision? How far out can I realistically take a shot at blackout can’t see your hand in Front of your face conditions without supplemental lights? Can I attach a secondary ir light to the scope? I love the Scorpyd….really I do…. But Dammit I need more rails

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lot of optic on that bow, but at one time I had a Sightmark Photon night vision scope on my Scorpyd Orion and it shot "lights out". It also had a special reticle selection for crossbows. I quickly went back to my Hawke scope because the Sightmark only had black and white capability during daylight hours and I didn't like that. But for the original poster, you can put that scope on there, but depending on your purposes it can be a pain in the ass dragging it around- quite a bit of weight on a larger crossbow. I love and hate my Orion. Great bow if I didn't have to lug it around for miles, but the upside is that it does precisely what it is supposed to do. Also, at one time I also had an ATN day/night scope and it was very accurate but heavy (used it on a .223 for coyotes). I wanted it mostly for night time hunting, and the night vision was very grainy. That was probably 4 years ago, so their technology has probably improved.
Thank you for your input I appreciate it . I’m always workin out doing loaded Carries and dead lifts. for me at this point in my life Extra weight is welcomed I got no problem carrying around a 20 pound dumbbell for a couple mile hike in the woods. … maybe it’s just me but I’ve noticed the more weight you can stack on that scorpyd platform the more consistent it is past 100 yards ….maybe it has something to do with the front of that bow wanting to bark upwards every time the arrow leaves the rail which is something Rex told me I have to correct when I told him I was shooting at like events rifle putting all my weight on my cheek weld to the point of pain threshold…… Got a hold that front end down words that’s why we put that hole their for….he said he’s had people call him an idiot and then come back and tell me their sorry and that I was right…. 70 yards and under I see no difference…… pass that I’ve almost missed my target completely by not holding down pressure……. Way off topic sorry that coffee is kicking in. Lol….. The bowl has 150 yard capabilities….I’m just to damn tight at 110 yards for that not to be the case….I just need to find an optic that can bring that bow out to its fullest potential that I know it has…

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I Love my ATN.. for the $$$ hard to beat.. The only thing I caution on is your scope rail.. I had it on my bowtech 390 Solution and the scope rail wasnt stout enough. I bought the Ravin because of its end to end rail.. so thats one thing to consider. Also RIT I am here for you. And thanks to Farmdeer George.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
The 4K Pro with either the ABL or handheld will auto range at the push of a button. I've been lugging the ATN around for several years and even given it's size and weight, it's by far the best scope a guy can buy who's interested in electro optics, day/night use, pics and video.

Wheel Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Rim
Hunting Carnivore Mammal Working animal Dog breed

I am a BDX fan as well but the high quality video, broader mag. range, integrated ABL, and night vision make it hard to beat for a hunter.

• Love
Reactions: Shwhackattack

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Damn….with a review like that it’s Guna be hard not to pass up lol
They can be frustrating, for $600 what do you expect. They have a tendency to fail once in a while, I think this past year i sent mine in for new ones twice. ATN CS is very good about it. What I am saying is your not buying a 20k thermal. you need a lot of patience with the 4k pro. But all in all I would give up my first born before parting with my 4K. Oh forgot to tell you, I dont have kids. LOL

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My biggest thing is trying to wrap my head around not using holdovers anymore. So I need to manually Scan a target then manually adjust my scope to the correct range then take the shot?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts