Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im pulling out of the Ravin 500 pre order. No info or updates for Ravin owners or ones that want to be. Before you know it its 2022. Im very disappointed to say the least.

·
11,716 Posts
My thoughts exactly ... R29X is the bird in the hand. The R500 is the bird in the bush. There are just too many unanswered questions:
#1. Arrow & broadheads at 500fps?
#2. The cranking screws? Maintenance, dirt collecting in threads? Freezing up in 30 degree rain?
#3. How many cranks to cock it and return the carrier forward?
#4. Noise? Of the cranking & uncranking. When the thing goes off? And of the electric motor & gearbox of the R500E?

Just doesn't make sense to me to be a first in line buyer for this bow.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's listed in the Cabela's archery catalog for sale. $2999.99 or $3299.99.

I see they have 500grain arrows also. $119.99 for 6 or $119.99 for 3 with lighted nocks. Ouch!!!

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I see they have 500grain arrows also. $119.99 for 6 or $119.99 for 3 with lighted nocks. Ouch!!!
Thats a preorder.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not knocking Ravin but disappointed . My R15 and R29X are screamers with no issues.
Badass!

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Checking for Ravin 500 and Ravin 500E
Cabelas,com has no listing for either crossbow.
Cabelas.ca states available for pre order. Arrival date is unknown at this time. The price is also shown.

Like some other crossbow companies, Ravin is probably waiting on some part or accessory to come from over seas.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Don’t think it’s parts or they would have had a back-up supplier or found another. I believe at this point it’s design related and they need time to work it out/test. After their original intro problem with nock design & slide/safety prematurely going off on some they won’t let that happen again no matter how late they are. Their up against it now in that all the guys that pre-ordered to use this fall may walk away. For me it took twice pre-ordering a couple of other industry leaders crossbows to learn I’ll never go down that road again no matter who the manufacturer is or how bad I want something.

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not listed as a preorder item. I guess you have to call to order find out they are preorder. LOL
yup!...you need to cal them then they will tell you ok we will put you on the lis lol!:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
263 Posts
Someone broke down the actual difference in FPS and KE a while back. The basic R10 isn’t far off for hunting purposes..... Hell someone on the Barnett forum advanced cams and hit 500 FPS already......

·
11,716 Posts
You all have been Duked!!
Duked? ... I never took people's money before I delivered a service. ;) There's a big difference between being Duked and being "duped." Just ask any of my past Sheilas.:p😂

·
11,716 Posts

$20.00 arrows ... $20.00 broadheads? $20.00 illuminated nocks? SIXTY DOLLAR ARROWS???? Really, $60.00? :rolleyes::oops: Quick, get my order in for a dozen!!!😂

Four thousand dollar crossbows? Three thousand dollar crossbows? You realize you could buy a precision rifle AND a quality shotgun AND a decent pistol AND ammunition for the price of ONE of these crossbows?:unsure:o_O

Actually, I'm considering what's going through a buyer's mind pre-ordering an experimental 500fps crossbow for $3,500.00? Now, in spite of Moon hammering me for a decade over my speed advocacy, I killed 95% of my archery deer under 410fps. I've been shooting the same crossbow for 8 years. (Moon got a lotta rebuttal mileage outta that crossbow...lol) The pre-orders were ALL about the speed because nobody even knew what the bow was going to look like. So what's going through the mind of someone, who already owns a good hunting crossbow, scope, arrows and case, to make them spend 3.5k just for for 500fps?

Just curious ...lol

Reactions: 380 and dynamo61

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Duke, I agree.

Here is the way I look at when I buy a new crossbow. I personally hunt with a crossbow 98% of the season. We only get 2 weeks to hunt with a rifle. I'd rather put the money into a crossbow than a rifle.

Most factory rifles today will shoot very accurately without having to go with a custom build. I've been down that road and sold all my custom rifles except for one with a Sporter barrel. Most of those hole for hole shooters that shot lights out still needed loaded ammo to shoot great as most factory rifles do. The heavy guns aren't for lugging around the woods either. I can shoot 1/2" 3 shot groups at 300 yards with a factory rifle that has minimal work done. Just a bed job and some tweaking of loads with the right bullet .

Why waist money on a gun that will sit in the safe to use maybe 2 or 3 days a year? And, I can shoot a crossbow without having to leave the house.

At this point I won't be buying into a $4000 contraption of a crossbow but I'm sure it's a must have for some.

I'd like to have one that shoots 500fps though. LOL It would be some fun.

I'll buy a good box blind instead to hunt comfy and sleep in from time to time. Why not?

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Well im pulling out of the Ravin 500 pre order. No info or updates for Ravin owners or ones that want to be. Before you know it its 2022. Im very disappointed to say the least.
I pulled my pre-order for the Ravin 500E Kraken a couple months ago and bought a bunch of firearms.
Have been going to 2 outdoor ranges and one indoor range and having a blast instead of waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

The saddest part, IMO, is that Ravin is not giving any updates.
At least KI, with the SWAT X1 release, are keeping Customers in the loop.
Very bad PR work by Ravin.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts