Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Duke,
I believe Ravin is providing better quality strings and arrows than in the past. Furthermore, the CBN bunch is waaay more picky than the average crossbow hunter.

But to your point, when you spend big dollars for a R29X, you would expect higher quality components.
True, I believe they are getting better also. Hopefully they keep moving forward.

·
11,688 Posts
Duke,
I believe Ravin is providing better quality strings and arrows than in the past. Furthermore, the CBN bunch is waaay more picky than the average crossbow hunter.

But to your point, when you spend big dollars for a R29X, you would expect higher quality components.
The average ... crossbow hunter doesn't even know who made his arrows much less how much they weigh, how fast they're going, what vanes they have or the FOC...lol And, I'd bet there's two or more different brands in his quiver. Whatever the clerk told him will work in his crossbow to replace the ones he lost shooting at deer. I doubt the average crossbow ever saw a new string let alone an improved aftermarket string. I've been around a lot of recreational hunters who are good deer killers. Talk to them about ballistics, bullets, arrows or anything remotely technical?... you get the polite hollow stare of unenlightenment and incomprehension. :oops: o_O 😂

First crossbow I ever saw was my older cousin's about 20 years ago. A Parker he had bought the year before. It had a 4 or 5 arrow quiver with two different arrows, a third different arrow missing one vane, and one empty slot...lol He let me try it. There was no focus on those arrow at all; as if it was just SOP. I don't think he saw any issue there...lol There's your average crossbow hunter. No comparison to this anal, persnickety, bunch of research scientists...lol

• Sad
Reactions: 380 and Moon

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I can't seem to open the attached.
I tried opening them too. All one needs is one wrong letter, number or one missing and
it will be like a website and will not open or can not be found. There was a link on the site
a few days ago where the member accidentally entered a capitol letter and the site would
not open. I entered the link with the lower case letter and it opened.

In this case one would have to contact the member and have the link checked out.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes left a message asking for any updates a week ago, left my number and email for reply. nothing yet.
My dealer said his emails and phone calls did not get any response back either; it seems like they are experiencing a huge numbers of emails from customers. Right now he kinda not knowing what to do since there are a lot of folks near my area that want to try this r500.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
$20.00 arrows ... $20.00 broadheads? $20.00 illuminated nocks? SIXTY DOLLAR ARROWS???? Really, $60.00? :rolleyes::oops: Quick, get my order in for a dozen!!!😂

Four thousand dollar crossbows? Three thousand dollar crossbows? You realize you could buy a precision rifle AND a quality shotgun AND a decent pistol AND ammunition for the price of ONE of these crossbows?:unsure:o_O

Actually, I'm considering what's going through a buyer's mind pre-ordering an experimental 500fps crossbow for $3,500.00? Now, in spite of Moon hammering me for a decade over my speed advocacy, I killed 95% of my archery deer under 410fps. I've been shooting the same crossbow for 8 years. (Moon got a lotta rebuttal mileage outta that crossbow...lol) The pre-orders were ALL about the speed because nobody even knew what the bow was going to look like. So what's going through the mind of someone, who already owns a good hunting crossbow, scope, arrows and case, to make them spend 3.5k just for for 500fps?

Just curious ...lol
First off, pictures of the R500 were available from the day they were available for pre-order. 2nd, I’ve owned just about every Ravin since their first and have never had an issue with a single one, Each one has performed flawlessly. 3rd, I just sold my R29X sniper after ordering the R500E sniper and seeing that the 29X shoots at 450 FPS why should I have any worry about Ravin’s new 500 FPS model. Lastly, as far as price goes, some people drive Ferrari’s and some people drive VW’s, it’s just part of life!!!

·
11,688 Posts
First off, pictures of the R500 were available from the day they were available for pre-order. 2nd, I’ve owned just about every Ravin since their first and have never had an issue with a single one, Each one has performed flawlessly. 3rd, I just sold my R29X sniper after ordering the R500E sniper and seeing that the 29X shoots at 450 FPS why should I have any worry about Ravin’s new 500 FPS model. Lastly, as far as price goes, some people drive Ferrari’s and some people drive VW’s, it’s just part of life!!!
What's ... your secret for keeping the string & cables issue free on the R29X? :)

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Something is keeping this xbow from hitting the market and only time will tell on what an owner has to worry about with the R500's technology. If I were to guess today, I'll bet that arrows will top that list along with string serving life. Stiffness of a 400 gn arrow that will handle the energy it delivers and it's accuracy is what comes to mind. String serving life is already somewhat of an issue.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Something is keeping this xbow from hitting the market and only time will tell on what an owner has to worry about with the R500's technology. If I were to guess today, I'll bet that arrows will top that list along with string serving life. Stiffness of a 400 gn arrow that will handle the energy it delivers and it's accuracy is what comes to mind. String serving life is already somewhat of an issue.
Yup, hence the introduction of the factory Ravin 500gr arrow I'll bet.
So much for 500fps if the 500gr arrow is required.

·
Registered
786 Posts
yea i would expect, them to be pushing the 500 grain arrow. That was not brought to market for chitz and giggles.
If they do say "go a head shoot a 400 grainer" off of there, i bet they are hoping your not dumb enough to do it for very long.
But i would still want one if it can toss my 440grain spinal tap at anything over 470 f.p.s
I AM ALL IN.
I like my deer real dead and don't want to have to find the arrow afterwords :p Even if its as loud as a 410 shot gun. Keeps it interesting

·
11,688 Posts
yea i would expect, them to be pushing the 500 grain arrow. That was not brought to market for chitz and giggles.
If they do say "go a head shoot a 400 grainer" off of there, i bet they are hoping your not dumb enough to do it for very long.
But i would still want one if it can toss my 440grain spinal tap at anything over 470 f.p.s
I AM ALL IN.
I like my deer real dead and don't want to have to find the arrow afterwords :p Even if its as loud as a 410 shot gun. Keeps it interesting
Hopefully ... all the "interesting" is going on now with the speculation. After the introduction hopefully everything will be boringly consistent and reliable. ;)

Reactions: dynamo61 and Moon

·
Registered
515 Posts
470 with a 500 grain arrow sounds pretty cool to me.
Add a hundred grains and only lose 30 fps, I’m not buying that. I’m sure someone on here has a better educated guess then me but I’d say more like 450 fps with a 500 grain arrow.

·
11,688 Posts
Add a hundred grains and only lose 30 fps, I’m not buying that. I’m sure someone on here has a better educated guess then me but I’d say more like 450 fps with a 500 grain arrow.
A 400gr ... arrow doing 500fps carries 222ke.
A 500gr arrow carrying 222ke is running at 448fps.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
786 Posts
i can tell you shooting the vapor at 447 its very fast . No visible sign of the arrow in the air.

testing the new silent night vanes, there is no noise coming to the target either

this will definitely make the deer deader too. Just so you all know...............................:p

it will go 459 with a 400 grainer, but i am not looking to blow the limbs off it.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Look at what a 535 gn arrow does at 400 fps.......

·
Registered
515 Posts
i can tell you shooting the vapor at 447 its very fast . No visible sign of the arrow in the air.

testing the new silent night vanes, there is no noise coming to the target either

this will definitely make the deer deader too. Just so you all know...............................:p

it will go 459 with a 400 grainer, but i am not looking to blow the limbs off it.
My xrt is the same way. I waste the lighted nocks just so I can see the arrow fly.

there’s new silent night vanes? A new version? Or new to you?

61 - 80 of 98 Posts