Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jason and I went hunting yesterday at our favorite lease property. We discussed which stand site would be the best to try. He ask me what I thought. I told him the box stand because there had been an 8 point in the area for about week. He immediately got ready and went to the stand.

He said as set there he was dejected thinking it wouldn't happen.Then about about 5:30 does in the area begin acting strange and running out. That was went a nice eight point buck stepped out of the brush at 28 yards at the edge of the pasture. He had already pulled the crossbow to his shoulder so he took aim and pulled the trigger sending the XBOLT with NAP Double Cross mechanical blades thru the lungs. He heard the arrow crash though the buck deer.
The deer ran out as Jason watched it across on the death run thru the grown up pasture until he lost sight of it.

Later I joined him to blood trail the buck. I took one look at the arrow and said that deer is dead. We should find him without delay. It turns out I was right the buck ran about 100 yards leaving an easy to follow blood trail. The wound channel was excellent as we saw when we inspected the pretty buck. The arrow had broke off with the blade side still remained handing out the deer's side.

Jason was so excited to accomplish his first buck harvest with his new Spectre 375 first time kill.

I bought crossbow for him last Christmas but he never had the time to use until yesterday. I even set up the bow and tuned it to be spot on. I gave him a big congratulations! I felt I also realized a great gift just being with him that evening to witness his victory.
These are memories that are priceless!

馃徆馃憤 馃幆 馃

Spot
20201101_184816.jpg

20201101_184913 - Copy.jpg

Jason's Buck.jpg

Registered
Please tell Jason congrats on a fine buck and a great shot. Congrats to you as well for setting it up and getting it ready for him.

Congratulations ...

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

Registered
That's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
Congrats to Jason on his nice Tick Toter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts