Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the axe 34
20191029_183733.jpg
0 on Friday. Already broken right limb today. Come on xcalibur I thought you had things fixed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh no ... have you weight the bolts making sure if it’s grain stays total 350 or above ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Wow! That's some tough luck. A 340 fps bow shouldn't give those kinds of problems. Atleast you've got one of the best warranties there is. Hope youre fixed soon.

·
Happy Member
5,764 Posts
That’s about the 8th Axe340 that I have read with broken or splintered limbs!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Looks like you have that pic magnified a good bit. Making it look pretty big. Some might say break it off and keep shooting.

My Matrix 350 had a small splinter
20180907_190918.jpg

Excalibur told me it was not terminal. They replaced my limbs anyway and let me keep the first set. I super glued the splinter back down. shot it about 100 times and it didn't budge:D I switched the limbs out and have a back up set now. Good luck with it. They will take care of you.

·
Happy Member
5,764 Posts
Evidently you don’t get around to read much! There are other forums besides this forum.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh no ... have you weight the bolts making sure if it’s grain stays total 350 or above ?

Stock quills that came with axe

·
Registered
51 Posts
They went from $1500 to $600. You have to think they needed to save money somewhere. Limbs?
I don’t think that be case. Don’t think they jeopardize safety. Think more pushing the boundaries of the micro series. 335 think had issues too with limbs they had to gen 2 think now.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Dang it. This was on my list of next buys too. Sorry about your luck Hivemaster. Let us know how this gets addressed.

Can you tell us how it happened? Did it happen all at once, or did you just look down and notice it? Almost appears as if the limb bent "backwards" too much after a shot was taken? Any possibility of a string-jump?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dang it. This was on my list of next buys too. Sorry about your luck Hivemaster. Let us know how this gets addressed.
Excalibur replace ever lent warranty. I have exact model and I yet to see any other posts on it . This first I’ve heard. Anyways Excalibur fix it

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Can you tell us how it happened? Did it happen all at once, or did you just look down and notice it? Almost appears as if the limb bent "backwards" too much after a shot was taken? Any possibility of a string-jump?
Just looked down and noticed it like that. All shots into the target bag sounded great, no string issues. My micro 335 broke a limb too, after a month. But has been good now for two years

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, I came home from work and did an inspection this is what discovered a splinter on the left limb. Not a happy camper.
20191030_182152.jpg

1 - 20 of 82 Posts