Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my old Exomax bow. What are the differences between the axe 340 and the micro 335
other then the obvious 5 fps??

·
Registered
668 Posts
I just shot both of them 2 days ago, carefully planning my next purchase.

The Axe has a slimmer profile riser that mounts to the front of the rail. The Micro 335/355 mount on the top of the rail and the riser is beefier but also heavier.

I'm pretty weak in terms of upper body strength so I could really notice the difference with the Axe feeling lighter and better balanced.

Stocks are the same though. Look up the spec sheets but I believe the Axe is also a couple inches overall shorter. Stirrup on the Axe is also mounted a tad lower to provide clearance for the front mount bolt.

·
Registered
668 Posts
There seems to be plenty of NOS around of both the 335 & 355. I'm waiting to see if the popularity and price of the Axe drives down the price of the NOS stock and I can snag a deal. Some retailers are already selling the base Axe kits for only $565 with free shipping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wicked thanks for the information, let me know if you find a spot with a good deal as I want to purchase as well
I would also like the crank with it too as I am having a hard time cocking these bad boys the older i get

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will check them out, haha I live about 30 min from where they are manufactured, but seems to be cheaper to find them else where

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wicked thanks for the information, let me know if you find a spot with a good deal as I want to purchase as well
I would also like the crank with it too as I am having a hard time cocking these bad boys the older i get
Wyvern also has the best deal on adding the Charger EXT, only $200 to add vs $230 to add most other places.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I won my charger crank on Ebay bid for 185.00$, it's allmost a must of u wana shoot alot for us older guys or the disabled !!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sorry va. tought you had a kryptec model for some reason, keep an eye on ebay if u shop there thers usually one up for auction !! A charger crank that is !!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I went to Wyvern's 2 weeks ago & he had the Charger crank at $230. No one had any up for Bids so i got one off flea bay for the $230 n free shipping. Had to have it so such is life. Just keep watching they will put those Excals up on Sales n Bids

·
Registered
82 Posts
My friend bought an Axe 340 and we recently got him setup. Nice machine. Like previously stated, the 335/355 have more riser material. I shot my M355 and his Axe side by side. The trigger on the M355 was much better than the Axe. The Axe had a noticeable creep before it broke. That said, if I was in the market I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Axe, unless you could snag a smokin deal on the Micro. The Axe was still just as accurate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Are the limbs the same between the Micro and Axe? I have a BD400 and when my limb splintered it was replaced with the newest version which are supposed to have 'fixed' the breakage non issue, lol. I had a Micro 355 and the limbs broke within a couple weeks and were replaced along with the entire front end but with same type of limbs. Probably will last the new owner another 50 years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts