·
212 Posts
Mine shipped today
I will know more soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Looks like a nice design with the sliding trigger box similar to Tenpoint's and Ravin's.
"Integrated Crank with Cock / De-Cock Feature (Adjustable handle position) "
Hard to see from the pics on the website but maybe a Ravin-inspired rail-less system?
"Full Capture, Tunable Roller Rest"

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got the Axe AX405 crossbow last week. I don't like it at all. The crank handle can't be removed and rattles, the foot peg rattles no matter what position it's in. The bow is heavy and the trigger is to far forward. This is the worst crossbow I've ever owned. Didn't even shoot it, it's that bad. Best use I can find for this bow is to use it as a boat anchor.

Going on eBay this week for cheap.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info WH I got my cp400 and its all I need and didnt break the bank so I will tinker with it and not stress out about it, got it all ready for hunting season

·
212 Posts
I just got the Axe AX405 crossbow last week. I don't like it at all. The crank handle can't be removed and rattles, the foot peg rattles no matter what position it's in. The bow is heavy and the trigger is to far forward. This is the worst crossbow I've ever owned. Didn't even shoot it, it's that bad. Best use I can find for this bow is to use it as a boat anchor.

So you bought it and then decided not to shoot it and then sell it? Did you shoot it prior to buying it? Just curious.
I ordered it sight unseen and plan to shoot tomorrow

·
212 Posts

Basically made one post on crossbow nation and it was to bash the crossbow ? Thanks for the contribution

·
212 Posts
The Axe is a nice crossbow and has many new and gravest features!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
It sure does look solid.
let us know how it cranks.de-cocks and shoots if you do not mind.

·
212 Posts
That’s the one thing I do not care for is the handle is not removable. It does rattle a little but that can be fixed by a strap or rubber band

1 - 17 of 17 Posts