Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a tick toter this morning was 40.3 yards best i could tell. Used a Mech. 3 blade 100 gr. When hit the tick toter it was knocked off balance into the range tree on its left side. Was a loud crack when B-head hit, it ran into a fallen tree got back up n i watched til i could not see it anymore. No arrow no blood n never did it drop blood til it was down. Ran almost 100 yds. I found it dead, front leg was in two where the B-head hit. 2/3's of arrow was inside deer. One blade was broken off, it went through front right lung then was through the heart n back of left lung. Did not break the hide on left side but 2 sliced blade cuts outside of rib cage. Not the 1st drop of blood til i rolled it over to look for the exit. Chest cavity was full of blood n came out as i gutted it n cut through to pull lungs n heart out. I spect it was one of my harder tracking jobs on a recovery

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Never know what will happen with deer. I had to grid search for a double lung several years ago with a 2 inch expanding head. 2 inch hole in and out thru both lungs , 125 yards away dead. Been tracking deer since I was a kid and couldn’t back track this one even after I found her. It happens. Glad to see you stuck with it and found her, congrats !!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Deer down. Glad you found it.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Glad you stuck it out. Never know what is going to happen. I put one through the pump entrance and exit found arrow buried in ground covered with blood. It did a 75 yard death run and I never found more than 3 drops of blood till last 10 yards

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
The first year I shot the 2.25" two bladed broadheads every deer had a blood trail like pouring it out of a bucket. All being short tracks. The next year nothing dropped inside of 100 yards and the bloodtrails were hard to follow. Just saying.....sometimes it happens. Glad you got your deer. Congrats.:)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Congrats on your deer and not giving up on your deer even though there wasn't a blood trail to follow, without an exit hole its gets tough to track em sometimes.

Reactions: Doehunter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats. Kudos to your perseverance.
Had the same thing with a NAP killzone on number two doe this year. Up in the treestand, quarter away and hit the knuckle bone on the front leg opposite side. Just the point of the broadhead poking thru. Pin drops for blood trail, took 2.5 hours and finally found her after grid searching. She ended up running a 150 yard loop and died 80 yards from the treestand, but at my 7 o'clock. Switched to fixed blade G5 Montecs. So far subsequent kills have been dead with pass thru, 40 yard death run, tho skimpy blood trails unfortunately.

Rule of thumb, never give up!!

Plant Wood Tool Grass Line

1 - 12 of 12 Posts