Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone visited the TenPoint website and played with the Build Your Own Bow option. Pretty neat, you can pick the color stock, metal, limbs etc . A nice option until you get to the price!! TenPoint has got to be out of there cotton picking mind pricing a CB at that kind of money!!:D

I don't know any HUNTERS that would even remotely consider spending that amount of money for a CB.

Good thing there are other CB's that shoot as accurate and even faster; for a whole lot less money!!

·
327 Posts
My dream crossbow was $2,400... grey laminated stock with carbon fiber dip rail and limbs.... ouch!!!

The base Phantom runs @$1,900 with scope and Accudraw so I guess if someone is willing to spend that much on a crossbow than another four or five hundred (22%) might not be too far a stretch to add on to get a unique bow.

Either way it's way out of my price point. I'm too busy drooling over the GT Curve and getting my other xbow up to snuff. Maybe if I hit the lottery...

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are truely a great looking bow. I would love to own the black on black/silver. I just cannot justify spending over 2K for a crossbow. No matter how hard I try I cannot convince myself that it is really worth that much. That's far more than I paid for my new first car. :cheers2:
Someone posted on another forum B.Y.O.B. really means Break Your Own Bank. Have to agree with that!

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
DaGriz said:
They are truely a great looking bow. I would love to own the black on black/silver. I just cannot justify spending over 2K for a crossbow. No matter how hard I try I cannot convince myself that it is really worth that much. That's far more than I paid for my new first car. :cheers2:
Someone posted on another forum B.Y.O.B. really means Break Your Own Bank. Have to agree with that!
Yes I remember that 2k car,and Gasoline was what? 25-30 cents a gallon.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gasoline was 19cents a gallon where I grew up. Three dollars worth would darn near fill your tank. Things were far less expensive back then but I only was making $47.00 a week at that time. I thought I was riding high on the hog making that much money.

·
221 Posts
DaGriz said:
They are truely a great looking bow. I would love to own the black on black/silver. I just cannot justify spending over 2K for a crossbow. No matter how hard I try I cannot convince myself that it is really worth that much. That's far more than I paid for my new first car. :)
It is the resale value on bows that kills me. On most any bow, vertical or xbow. You think cars are bad, bows are twice the depreciation.

1K is hard enough, you can get a lot for a cool thou!

·
11,417 Posts
Everyone won't or can't plop down 2.5K

for a crossbow but TP knows that enough will to make it a winner for them. I'd like to see them make a black carbon fiber synthetic stock with a gunmetal (dark chrome) barrel and hardware.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Those are beautiful bows but at those prices ouch! I would have to go with the performance of a Stryker if I were going to spend that kind of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts