Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, friends! It’s been a while since I was here, but I always enjoyed this site. I’ve had some health issues since I was here last, and I had lost my login info, so I’m back as a new member. I’m disabled now, and COPD is my new worst enemy, but I have other health problems as well. I live in Virginia, where I was born and raised. Still live on the farm. I was in a pawn shop last weekend, and was about to leave, when I noticed a TenPoint Lazer crossbow with a matching TP fancy scope on it, hanging on the wall. I checked it over good, and it seems to be in great condition! I got it for 200.00! This got me “fired-up” for this fall. See y’all in the forums!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Those health issues can really bring you down. I too am disabled but I do more then my wife does. Staying as mobile as possible will definitely increase your quality of life. Seems like you're doing that with this new purchase. Hope you get out there and enjoy it as much as possible. I too enjoy a good pawn shop buy! GOOD LUCK & WELCOME BACK!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back to the Nation.
Those health issues can really bring you down. I too am disabled but I do more then my wife does. Staying as mobile as possible will definitely increase your quality of life. Seems like you're doing that with this new purchase. Hope you get out there and enjoy it as much as possible. I too enjoy a good pawn shop buy! GOOD LUCK & WELCOME BACK!
Thanks! I have gotten to the point where buying a different fishing rod may incite me to go fishing, or getting a new gun may motivate me to go hunting. LOL. Things that I used to look forward to and had the “ built-in” motivation now require a little extra “push”. Can’t complain, though. As long as we are above ground, we are doing well. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome back. I also have copd and can’t do some of the things I used to do. I have found out that if you just take it slower and take a break when you need it, you can pretty much do what you want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome back. I also have copd and can’t do some of the things I used to do. I have found out that if you just take it slower and take a break when you need it, you can pretty much do what you want.
10-4 on that! Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts

That breathing stuff isn't over rated, is it. LostWife thinks I can't do anything any more. I keep telling her that I can do almost anything I could, just not for long. Lost the use of a lung in a wreck.
For the bow, it sounds like a large scale score.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 182969
That breathing stuff isn't over rated, is it. LostWife thinks I can't do anything any more. I keep telling her that I can do almost anything I could, just not for long. Lost the use of a lung in a wreck.
For the bow, it sounds like a large scale score.
Thanks! I was actually born with bad lungs, as part of a congenital disorder, but it wasn’t diagnosed until late in life. I was a smoker, but quit at age 26. I’m pushing 59 now, so I can’t complain. When you read obituaries of people that you went to school with, you realize that waking up every day is a blessing. Good luck to you and thanks!

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :) Nice looking crossbow too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for those friendly replies! Still haven’t shot my weapon yet. Been mowing fields and trails, as well as the yard. I’ve never seen weeds and grass grow like they have this year. Also waiting on a cool day. Went into the woods yesterday to put up a few cameras. Mosquitoes are bad this year. I like hunting near a swamp, but may have to change plans for first part of season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts