Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 5 days in Pike county is in the books. Had a great time. No deer shot but we saw a ton of deer. The big ones were not making them selves known. There were only 2 big bucks seen. IMHO this is a hunt that would be better done later in the year. Problem with this place is they are using the same treestand placement that they have been using for years. The 2 big ones that came out were at least 100 yards away and as soon as they stepped out they looked right at the stand and went back in the woods. All stands were on field edges and all we saw were does and smaller bucks. Acorns were hammering down in the woods, imho we should have been hunting the acorns.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
I used to go to SE Ohio and we always made our weekly trip @ Nov 11th and we seemed to always hit the rut. And man! They rut HARD there compared to here. Hadnt been in several years now but after retiring in another year I might just try leasing a small farm house for a month and do some serious hunting on public lands again. Thinking about it anyway.:)

Reactions: CT Crossbower

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s our game plan for next year. Heard good things about SE Ohio.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
That’s our game plan for next year. Heard good things about SE Ohio.
Just leave me a few in case I ever get to go back.;):)

·
Registered
10 Posts
1st morning out in Adams, still too warm to hang one yet though. Great day to enjoy the coffee and weather though, and I've heard some grunting.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Sorry that you missed the rut. Had a similar experience in Pike county 8 years ago, but it was during the rut and I was able to grunt call the 10 pt (on the left) in from about 70 yards. First deer with crossbow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts