Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost a hunting spot and have had a lot of things going on lately . I bought a spypoint off the marketplace a year or so ago and am not computer literate. Don't have a clue how to setup up. The old camera I have I checked and it was smashed with one pic. A big bear snout . Tomorrow morning I am taking my 8 yr old daughter and trudging through a swamp. She wants to find me a place to hunt . Last year she picked a spot . I got a nice 7 point out of it. I will do my best to get to an area for her to pick me a spot to set a stand

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'd say let her pick out a spot for you, she has a good track record ... Why fight it? LOL

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will . I will do my best to explain sign and get her than area to pick a tree.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nothin like having a Daughter going hunting with you. I have 3 Daughters, two of them are avid hunters to this day. My middle Daughter has three boys and all of them are hunters. Many hunting stories during get togethers. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
13,323 Posts
My daughter enjoys hunting too but this year she probably wont make it as she's expecting her first child in Feb. She always seem to see deer when she hunts so maybe it is a good idea to let your daughter help pick your tree for you.;)

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
I bought a spypoint off the marketplace a year or so ago and am not computer literate. Don't have a clue how to setup up.
First thing would be to download the Spypoint app. and try to stumble thru the setup. You should get the first 100 pics free and then you can chose a plan - I pay $10 a month for 1000 pics per month.

A lot of use have theSpypoint so we can help out, best bet might be to have your 8 yr old help you!

Reactions: Rit

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says something about charge internal battery and S D card with computer.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I don't know anything about computers. I wish I could be of help but I just fiddle around on my smartphone and that's the extent of my computer knowledge.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Watch this video. At one point it tells you to scan in a code, you can manually type in the code if you do not have scan available.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took my daughter into the swamp. I had to put her on my shoulders to cross the beaver dam but found a good route for the way out. She put me in pine on edge of beaver dam that has track crossing 25 yards from 3 directions . In the skunk cabbage and bittersweet behind tree it is loaded with fresh scat. There are apple trees in a bordering property 75 yards away .

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys . I may be calling on you for set up of camera but where me and daughter will be hunting it is going to be by scouting and moving to different locations as things change. I hope she can learn to pattern deer from what is in front of her. I'm still learning and figure it won't be long that I need her to help me

·
Registered
351 Posts
Good luck Rit, sounds like a nice spot you 2 found.
Did the apple trees produce this year?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Sounds like a great spot to me Rich !!
Glad you and your daughter got out in the woods together !!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tons of Apple's. Not on our property but on boarder and no way for anyone else to get to the spot without a boat or chest waiders

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Tons of Apple's. Not on our property but on boarder and no way for anyone else to get to the spot without a boat or chest waiders
Hunting around natural deer sweets is the way to go in early season .
they hit em hard early till they get the sh_ _ _ then slow up on em !!

Reactions: Rit and bbahunter
1 - 16 of 16 Posts