Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Lets all agree that this is the best pro-crossbow site out there and let keep it that way

You have a crossbow virgin here that need's guidance and mentoring:D

Thanks Jeff for running this site, because with out it i honestly would have a hard time learning everything that I have so far

The other sites are ok, but like someone sad before it is a small area of there site and you get tossed around

Carry On

Thanks for all the help so far

Rich

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I think very highly of this site as well, and I'm so glad we can get back to the comfort zone once more, and watch you virgin crossbow hunters grow and learn.
It's ashame the comfort zone was taken away for a few days, but glad to see it back to normal now. I forgot how to be rude and childish, so it was a good lesson that's best forgotten again. You know, it takes work to think that way.
Like I'm reminded by my friends, it's so not me, and I'm better than that. That's the truth! Ahhh! Normalcy.

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks guide girl

Just trying to have some fun on there

that other site I go to, well let's say I think my days are numbered over there because im not holding back and im calling it like I see it

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
mideerslayer said:
thanks guide girl

Just trying to have some fun on there

that other site I go to, well let's say I think my days are numbered over there because im not holding back and im calling it like I see it
I'm sorry to say that's the norm. Too bad. I do not start any threads to talk about crossbows, but I don't hold back from sharing my hunting experiences and accomplishments either. That gets enough heat, but not from normal people and hunters, just seems to be from the aggressive BHA members. Normal hunters are usually intrigued by the crossbow and ask genuine questions, which I love to teach on the subject of hunting as you know. The BHA members do not want us to share any information if its pertaining to crossbows, as they do not want our chosen weapon of choice to gain membership. They shouldn't be so rude about stopping someone who's genuinely curious to be able and learn. So, they either start being rude to get the subject removed, or in some cases, the mods are anti and just remove them on their own. They cry and whine the loudest.

I for one would never, ever go out of my way to stop a thread that's a positive experience, no matter the weapon.

·
342 Posts
Guide Girl said:
I'm sorry to say that's the norm. Too bad. I do not start any threads to talk about crossbows, but I don't hold back from sharing my hunting experiences and accomplishments either. That gets enough heat, but not from normal people and hunters, just seems to be from the aggressive BHA members. Normal hunters are usually intrigued by the crossbow and ask genuine questions, which I love to teach on the subject of hunting as you know. The BHA members do not want us to share any information if its pertaining to crossbows, as they do not want our chosen weapon of choice to gain membership. They shouldn't be so rude about stopping someone who's genuinely curious to be able and learn. So, they either start being rude to get the subject removed, or in some cases, the mods are anti and just remove them on their own. They cry and whine the loudest.

I for one would never, ever go out of my way to stop a thread that's a positive experience, no matter the weapon.
Very well said GG

·
38 Posts
I'm sometimes bewildered by the negative attitudes toward crossbows. I live in Ohio where crossbows have been classified right where they should be - archery - for decades.
I was hunting with an old recurve when the first compound was invented. I took a look at them, tried a few shots, and went back to my recurve.
I was hunting with my recurve when the crossbow was included in the list of legal hunting methods. I took a look at them, tried a few shots, and went back to my recurve.
I like to think I'm fairly normal, and like me probably a very high percentage of hunters just looked at it with the opinion - I have another choice of what I use, that may be good somewhere down the road.
I don't really care what you choose, just let me pick what I want and let me go hunting!
The "somewhere down the road" was a place I finally reached in the 1990s. Bone spurs in my left shoulder made me hang my recurve up. Luckily I was able to pick up a crossbow and keep right on hunting. I had to change my tactics to fit the crossbow (went from still hunting to stand hunting), but I was still hunting, and every kill has had the same thrill as before!

I won't tell you what to hunt with, so don't try to tell me! If I want to sling a few arrows with a lightweight recurve or a compound (I can today shoot a vert bow a very limited number of times if I eat enough pain/anti inflammatory meds) I'm sure I won't be looked down on by other crossbow hunters. So why is the reverse so true?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts