Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It also makes the R26 look light speed fast......
Seriously, you think that much difference? People are detuining the R26 to 350fps so they can use them past one season on their strings. LOL..... Obviously, this is a novelty at best.

It's a slow day Saturday. :D

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Neat little thing , I should make one ,lol.
did you see him dry fire it in the one video ,lol. crazy , definitely doe not have ADF ,lol.
Yea, I was shocked at the dry-fire durability. Yea, make one! crazy!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Seriously, you think that much difference? People are detuining the R26 to 350fps so they can use them past one season on their strings. LOL..... Obviously, this is a novelty at best.

It's a slow day Saturday. :D
Those didn’t look like 400 grain arrows.
I know Tom put longer cables on his r 26.
I’m quite sure the little bow can kill something ,but in the right hands.
It would be cool for squirrels and such ,I suppose.

My recurve is shooting around 200 FPS with a 450 grain arrow.
But I have a 20 yards self imposed limit.
I had the biggest bear I have ever seen 35 yards from me and he’s still walking.

If you accept the limitations of a slower bow and stick within the lethal yardage,I guess they are all good.
Man,I can’t wait for spring bear, Normally I. Would just give this thread a quick glance and move on…..
6 more weeks……

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
After seeing this tiny little crossbow, it does seem like it is possible to get something shooting a bit faster like closer to 350-380fps and come in at around 4lbs. Lengthen the power stroke a bit, keep up with the bull pup pistol grip design but have a collapsible rod with a butt plate on the end that slides under the rail for carry, but then can be slid out and locked into place as a shoulder rest. @burky247365 Getting it around the trigger linkage would be the tricky part. Maybe two light weight rods that could split the linkage.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That will make a Saddle hunters dream bow.Very interesting,Thanks for the post(y)
I hope "The Field Archer" sees this and does a review, good or bad. I'm seriously tempted to buy one for shits and giggles. I would think the arrow length has to be around 12". Burky any legit length arrow?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
The R 18 from ravin is a small package too at 330 fps.....Pretty radical..
After seeing this tiny little crossbow, it does seem like it is possible to get something shooting a bit faster like closer to 350-380fps and come in at around 4lbs. Lengthen the power stroke a bit, keep up with the bull pup pistol grip design but have a collapsible rod with a butt plate on the end that slides under the rail for carry, but then can be slid out and locked into place as a shoulder rest. @burky247365 Getting it around the trigger linkage would be the tricky part. Maybe two light weight rods that could split the linkage.
R18 will shoot 330 fps and very compact but those limbs......

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
As written above, this is almost the same like the Junxing Drakon sold here, with a draw weight of 100lbs instead of 120.
The 120lbs version is also available.
I cannot find a reference at the moment, but the arrows/bolts are very lightweight, I think 200gn or below.
Which means, the KE is most probably not sufficient for larger game. Just to keep in mind.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts