Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's … a good one for archery. A program that allows inputting various "zeros" and that graphs trajectory and arrow drop out to 100 yards or so. I used to have a half decent Hawke optics program on an old computer, but apparently they're no longer supporting that customer benefit.

I'd like to get some calculated ballpark data so when I get to the range I have an idea what to expect. Then I can verify and chart the ballistics' for the Burky Velocity. Won't be flinging arrows all over (& under) creation...lol

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
The Hawke BRC2 ballistics chart works well for me. Let me know what your velocity and center crosshair sight in distance (30 yards) and are your rings low, medium, or tall? I’ll snap a pic of the chart and post it for you.

Here’s what my Deathstalker looks like at 366 fps with a 40 yard center crosshair zero for the Crossfire II scope. That scope is 1/2 MOA per turret click so it works really well. My XBR is 1 MOA per click so I have to divide the far right column in half.

fullsizeoutput_c32.jpeg

Reactions: SteveA

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have found the Hawke programs useful. As TP mentioned, the BRC2 is one of them, but the name was changed to X-Act. They also have the Chairgun Pro which is designed for the air rifle group but also works well for Archery too.

I have contacted Hawke about no longer see the software offered on their website. I was told that they no longer developed and supported the software, but they still are available for download and use. (I think you could still get the links through the FAQ section).

I'll see if I can find the email with the links I was sent and post them here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
X-Act is available on the play store

·
Registered
814 Posts

·
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
814 Posts
That looks … like a partial of the Pete Ward tables. MAINPAGEHEADER1 I'm looking for a program where I can feed in different zeros and compare arrow drop, point blank range, etc.
If you happen upon a program like that PLEASE provide the link or app.
I have been unable to find anything that is Android friendly. Thanks Duke!

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have been using ShootersCalculator.com for a few years. I like it because of all the options and and table output. I have tried others but this one suites me well.

Example:

20200422_105802.jpg

Reactions: MCINIL

·
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I have that X-ACT on my iPhone but mine only has huge gaps in the fps plus it seems to be oriented towards specific Hawke reticles.

I find their BRC2 so much easier to use. Maybe I’m missing something with the X-ACT app.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Maybe CBN should load the latest BC on the main page! Would be very helpful for the members....HINT HINT.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I tried the Hawke's calculator and I didn't care for it. The Shooter's calculators allows me to customize input for every weapon I use. Then I can safe and recall as desired.
When I get the results table output as shown with my example I take a photo and store it on phone for fast reference.
Neat!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Here is the email I was sent, with the links:

"Thank you for inquiring about our ballistic calculators. At the end of 2018 we ended support for our Chairgun and X-Act software. These desktop and smartphone apps will no longer be updated or supported by Hawke. They may continue to work for some time, but as operating systems are updated we cannot guarantee this.

Why did we do this?

We pioneered ballistics software over ten years ago and were the first optics brand to develop our own ballistics apps, which we made available free of charge. The original Chairgun software (which we acquired) predated even this. Since then, there have been huge developments in two key areas:
  • First, our reticles have become self-explanatory and easier to use with natural aim points.
  • Second, the software platforms have become ever more complex and difficult to support.
We've taken a strategic decision to leave ballistic software to the large community of developers out there so we can concentrate on what we do best: making great optics.

What can you do now?

There are a large and growing number of apps on the market which we think do a great job in helping the shooter with aiming and ballistics. We recommend you check them out. Our favorite at the moment is Strelok Pro, but there are also others available.

If you wish to still use our reticle programs, You may download legacy versions from these links:

Hawke X-Act

Mac OS - https://www.hawkeoptics.com/downloads/X-ACT_MAC.zip
Windows PC - https://www.hawkeoptics.com/downloads/X-ACT_PC.zip
Apple Iphone - ‎X-ACT
Android - X-ACT - Apps on Google Play

Chair Gun Pro

Mac OS - https://www.hawkeoptics.com/downloads/ChairGun-MAC.zip
Windows PC - https://www.hawkeoptics.com/downloads/ChairGun-PC.zip
Apple Iphone - ‎ChairGun
Android - Hawke ChairGun - Apps on Google Play

Please let us know if you have additional questions and have a great day. "

·
8,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was … using that Strelok Pro shooting out to 900 yards a couple years ago. Think it's still on my Samsung S8. ;)

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
The X-ACT is for specific reticles - won’t work with the Crossfire II but the XB30 Compact would be close.

My MacBook wouldn’t download it because my security is too high, I do have it on my iPhone but it’s of no use to me.

But I like their BRC2 anyway.

fullsizeoutput_c35.jpeg

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
on a phone X-act sucks, but with much page changing and button pressing I can find what I want, but with a laptop or tablet using chrome it's super detailed. from 1 yard preset's for archery and rimfire to rifle and long range.

Hawke X-act lets you dial in exactly your setup! to the 1/10 of an inch your optics centerline above your arrow rail is, to speed, yardage your zero'd at and gives everything from trajectory, time of flight, wind deflection from whatever preset you choice for distance and as I said, in 1 yard increments, 2,5,10, whatever you determine you want.

You can have graph or table, and even print your reticle and settings to tape to your stock as you have mentioned doing in the past. You will probably even be able to use those old scope reticles, and see how they change at different powers you select. It is the most detailed program I have found. Know your BC, enter it or their preset BC's, bow rifle rimfire, airgun etc.

here is a link

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I don't need any reticle details on my XB30 Compact. It's dailed in at 400fps and 4.5x. I can hit bullseye at any 10 yard mark. The other day I tested good at the 5 yard tick marks just by dropping the bag then measuring the distance and shooting it like 66 yards.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Like I said before Tim, I got no idea about using it phones, it sucks in my opinion on a phone,, but so does about anything for me, as you have seen, my post suffer dramatically when I try and post using a phone!

But I would think it would requier the same input from the user to get accurate information, and once all the little details are entered it should be as accurate as it is in a home computer, or Microsoft version whatever. I hate cyber chit when anything changes. I'm sure folks can do anything on an android I do on my Dell's, but I ain't investing the time or the effort to use PHONE for a computer???? Old School, all the way,, er well as much as possible in today's world,,,, :(

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I kept messing with the X-ACT and I was able to get a graph and chart for my specs.

fullsizeoutput_c37.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c38.jpeg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts