Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be advised, Disclaimer: do this at your risk!!!

I did have cables shortened by 1/8" and added additional 3 cable twists on each side of the cables. The ATA went from 16.5" to 16.125".

Make no mistake about it the 400XP is fast! Shooting faster way beyond OEM specs. Using new strings made by Marty.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other note. The crossbow is super light, weighing in a 7.4lbs with my Vortex Crossfire II scope and there is no additional effort to rope cock. Also, very little vibration shooting arrows this fast. That impresses me the most. I'd expect 400 grain arrows to shoot around 420fps.

I'll be ready to hunt before 10/15/2020.

This Xbow so far is a winner if you put a little TLC into it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
One other note. The crossbow is super light, weighing in a 7.4lbs with my Vortex Crossfire II scope and there is no additional effort to rope cock. Also, very little vibration shooting arrows this fast. That impresses me the most. I'd expect 400 grain arrows to shoot around 420fps.

I'll be ready to hunt before 10/15/2020.

This Xbow so far is a winner if you put a little TLC into it.
C'mon Tom, I don't need another bow. You are making this thing sound as good as the 370. Must.Resist.Temptation!!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JUst a faster lighter version of the legit TS370. ;)

Glad you got it going with your TS370. Super accurate shooter!!!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next step is installing the Barnett's Xplorer CCD setup. I installed Farm Deer's roller springs mod on my 400XP today.

Plan to re-sight at 40 yards this week and set speed dial for 60 and 70 yards then shoot again at 20 and 30 yards per the Vortex Crossfire II setup.

·
Registered
370 Posts
JUst a faster lighter version of the legit TS370. ;)

Glad you got it going with your TS370. Super accurate shooter!!!
I'll say it's going. The other night, just for fun, I got to wondering what it would do at 70yds. I didn't think I had enough adjustment left in my Parker Pin-Point, so I aimed high on the target, thinking it would drop into the kill-zone. Much to my surprise, the arrows hit my POA. I thought no way, so I put three more down range with the same result. I adjusted the scope just a little bit and I kid you not, The arrows were touching at 70yds!. I simply can't believe the performance I'm getting out of this little gem. It's definitely moved up to my primary bow now with the Horton Storm being relegated to a back-up position.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PJ, that is outstanding! I know you put the time in to get it right. You are ready to hunt!!!!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that was funny comment, HT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts