Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently came across this Barnett Commando crossbow in the box. It looks like it has never been used, and if its a collectible i would like to find someone who would appreciate it. I'm not too familiar with crossbows specifically but would like to see if it is ready to use, or should i leave it as is..? I know the arrows are brittle and they would need replacing, not sure if the strings would need to be replaced as well there was no scope in the box....I have the original sales slip around somewhere and i think it is dated 1980. I know this model was popular back then because of the James Bond movie. But any advice would be appreciated, before I take it to a local archery store and put money into it or sell it. Thank you ....in advance. :) TJ

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I recently came across this Barnett Commando crossbow in the box. It looks like it has never been used, and if its a collectible i would like to find someone who would appreciate it. I'm not too familiar with crossbows specifically but would like to see if it is ready to use, or should i leave it as is..? I know the arrows are brittle and they would need replacing, not sure if the strings would need to be replaced as well there was no scope in the box....I have the original sales slip around somewhere and i think it is dated 1980. I know this model was popular back then because of the James Bond movie. But any advice would be appreciated, before I take it to a local archery store and put money into it or sell it. Thank you ....in advance. :) TJ
I'll buy it if its for sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Refletch the arrows and check or replace the string. By the submitted pictures it should be good to go. Old vanes will go that way. I have some that have never been installed and some on old aluminum arrows that are in that condition. Just touch them and the vane falls apart. Doing a bit of internet search the Commando came in a recurve like you have shown and also in a compound style.
Thanks for sharing.
All the best.

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: Tami

·
1,222 Posts
Welcome Tami -

You have a find there in that apparent new, old stock (NOS) Commando crossbow. I owned one back in the late 80's. I've been looking for a clean one, on and off for the last couple of years. With a little work, they can be pretty accurate.
I'd also be interested in buying it if you decide to sell it.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome Tami -

You have a find there in that apparent new, old stock (NOS) Commando crossbow. I owned one back in the late 80's. I've been looking for a clean one, on and off for the last couple of years. With a little work, they can be pretty accurate.
I'd also be interested in buying it if you decide to sell it.

Mike
My intent is to sell it, since i know there is someone out there that would appreciate it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts