Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem even if it's a GOOD problem. I've purchased and used 5 different targets and none has the ability to stop my bolts. Even out past 40 yds. I'll sink a bolt up to the fletchings. I spend more time in recovering bolts than practicing. Does anyone know of a target that will stop this beast (even homemade). Today I used a BoneCrusher with an additional 5" of foam pad in front and no real difference. Buried bolts within 1" of fletches. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
2,882 Posts
I use 100# poly feed bags stuffed with old clothes, towels, etc. I have to turn and stomp them from time to time. Can't shoot at the same spot too many times, but they will stop a pretty fast arrow. Most of the fast crossbow guys seem to swear by Spiderweb or Big Shot targets.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Yeah, try the Spyderweb out ! It's only good for fieldpoints but it stops the arrows coming from my Nemesis 480 no problem. The arrows only sink about 6 inches into it....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use 100# poly feed bags stuffed with old clothes, towels, etc. I have to turn and stomp them from time to time. Can't shoot at the same spot too many times, but they will stop a pretty fast arrow. Most of the fast crossbow guys seem to swear by Spiderweb or Big Shot targets.
Thanks Joe....I'll try the stuffed clothes one first. Spent too much on different targets to date.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts