Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barnett Ghost 410's original specification:
Power stroke: 15.375"
400 grain arrow-point combination at 410 FPS.
Axle to axle uncocked: 20"
I had this crossbow originally tuned to shoot a 410 grain arrow-point combination at 433 FPS.

Today I gave the crossbow a further tune up.
I added 5 more twists to each cable. The "Y" section started to wrap up, but no problem. Just
remove one "Y" section and without adding or removing twists, bring it back around it's partner.
Power stroke: 15.5"
408 grain arrow-point combination shooting 460 FPS. I did not have any 400 grain arrows handy.
Axle to axle 19 1/2"
This crossbow has been modified with higher quality parts and the large holes in the riser filled in for extra strength.
See enclosed pictures as the way the crossbow is now tuned.
All the best.
Take care.
100_4350.JPG
100_4350.JPG 100_4348.JPG

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
So impressed!

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Tom,that is only 1/2 inch difference in ata.
Duly noted. I'm going for it Mike! ;)

I just ordered the large string stoppers from Bow Jax. Gonna be an interesting week. Go big or go home. :cool:

I may wear my motor cycle helmet. :p

Bunny rabbit has I think 2 more power stroke inches. 400XP is 13.75"

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My crossbows are fastened in a high quality rifle jig. I wear safety glasses and hearing protection.
As one increases speed the sound level increases. These crossbows all have high quality parts.
No bearings but full length axle bushings. Bow jax limb silencers. Re enforced riser where the large
holes in the riser are filled in with metal plating and JB weld. The string and cables are high quality
60X with a layer of BCY .030 serving over top of the new 60X string. All serving before and after
has a dab of Gorilla glue at the ends to further prevent separation. This extra layer of serving which
is high quality and has extra wear resistance greatly increases the number of shots on any crossbow.

I am the only person around when the crossbows are shot.

Thanks for inquiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts