Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is Not my Bow.. Thank God, but this is Totally not Acceptable. This Bows souls Purpose revolves around this Arrow Only. Iam afraid if it Were Mine...i would Demand a Full Refund from Some One. I think they Mixed the Barrels up from the New XTR 400.

Attachments

·
5,270 Posts
Jim, that makes zero sense! I’ve said (too often) before that Barnett lost me with the hyper arrows/bows, but this takes it to a new level. Reminds me of how Derrick Middleton finally had a chance to grow his business with a partnership with Bohning. He was unable to retool his barrel extrusions to allow a blazer vane to work, and the whole deal blew up in his face.

Now, if this was my bow, I would just clip that cock vane until it worked. I’ve had arrows with a clipped vane shoot great out to 50. Shouldn’t be necessary though. :cautious:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just Half asked engineering, Can't be any Actual testing RD. I'VE been a Fan of Barnett xbows for Quite sometime, for a Budget priced crossbows they are hard to Beat. My 370s is Still one of my Best Bows ever. This Kinda Stuff is Non Acceptable...even a Budget priced xbow gotta be Functional without clipping vanes off. Iam afraid Barnetts new Ownership will be under the Gun putting out products like this.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
The knock on blazers besides being loud is that they are too tall for a lot of xbows. They must of missed the memo. . Your friend should demand a refund or trade it for a XTR. Barnett ,they are called Heat vanes,get with the program.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The knock on blazers besides being loud is that they are too tall for a lot of xbows. They must of missed the memo. . Your friend should demand a refund or trade it for a XTR. Barnett ,they are called Heat vanes,get with the program.
That's what i told him , asked for XTR.400. The Woman on Phone ask Him what Arrow he was Shooting from it. Ill informed People shouldn't be asking Questions...!!

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Checking Barnett's website, there is one review where it mentions the sled hook holder does not
fit as the back does not have enough room to insert the screw that holds that part. The owner had
to do some modification to make it work. For a person that only uses a rope to cock the crossbow,
one would never know the problem existed.
Allen wrenches that came with the crossbow were the wrong size to tighten the scope rings that
were loose.

As for the vane not having the proper clearance and a proprietory arrow as well, I would not be
satisfied regardless what a crossbow costs. The arrows Barnett lists on their website shows that
style of Blazer vane that "JCAT" has submitted the picture of.

I still shoot Barnett crossbows that I purchased years ago, only because I modified them to increase
the strength of their weak Carbonite riser and poor quality cables. Replacement bearings for the
cams could not be purchased separately and had the same over size axle holes as the original ones.
I modified this by installing a full length bushing that also re enforces the axle.

Two years warranty left out of the supposedly 5 years "Sorry, no parts. Suggest you purchase a new
a new crossbow". I have purchased new crossbows since, but not a Barnett.

Shipping a crossbow from Canada back to the U.S. and then coming back, results in a minimum 6 week
turn around plus shop time. There is no direct shipping route to Manitoba, so everything that has to clear
customs crosses in British Columbia or Ontario, Canada.

I will never own a crossbow that requires proprietory arrows for the reasons, they are very expensive
and at times impossible to get. No arrows, what good is the crossbow.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I f i get the Bow in my Hands and look at it..i will be able to Tell a little more. He said the Barrel has a beveled edge Whole way Down. Well my 430 has a smaller sloted beveled edge right at the Trigger Box and One at the end of the Barrel...it doesn't even ride the rail except in these 2 spots. I'd say they got the Wrong Barrel on it...Hopefully thats the Case.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Anyone interested in this Model, i would refrain until they Figure Out how to make the Barrel accomadate the High Profile Blazer Vanes that it MUST SHOOT. NOT ACCEPTABLE BARNETT..!!
Yea, that play is just not coherent. What a major FUBAR to put these vanes on this arrow as a play for cutting edge arrow technology! That is HYPER BULLSHIT! You gotta call stupid when stupid is. HyperFlite my ass!

I love my 2022 Barnett Whitetail Hunter 400XTR because it uses industry standard arrows and the vanes track well in the flight rail. That I can say is legit as well as the TS models and XP Xbows.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, that play is just not coherent. What a major FUBAR to put these vanes on this arrow as a play for cutting edge arrow technology! That is HYPER BULLSHIT! You gotta call stupid when stupid is. HyperFlite my ass!

I love my 2022 Barnett Whitetail Hunter 400XTR because it uses industry standard arrows and the vanes track well in the flight rail. That I can say is legit as well as the TS models and XP Xbows.
😂 well Said Tom, funny but Not really Funny for the Guy who spent Money on it. I had Advised him to get the XTR instead, but he liked the Xp better wanted to Try it. Can't knock him for that. Just talked again to the Owner..Barnett says tested to 1,200 shots...with great accuracy nothing wrong with the Bow as Is. Thats what He got..!!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
If it were me and this is my only option to keep the Xbow I'd strip the vanes off the HyperFlites and put on Bhoning Heat Vanes or Tac Driver 2.25" vanes. They are both shorter profile vs what Barnett sent him. That way he's back in game with his Xbow. Not perfect but a solution.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
If it were me and this is my only option to keep the Xbow I'd strip the vanes off the HyperFlites and put on Bhoning Heat Vanes or Tac Driver 2.25" vanes. They are both shorter profile vs what Barnett sent him. That way he's back in game with his Xbow. Not perfect but a solution.
Your idea is good but greatly ups the cost of an arrow that doesn't work as is.

Suppose this person does not have a fletching jig, glue and vanes = more $$$.
Carefully trim the cock vane to obtain the proper clearance.
Now make a pattern from thin card board or card stock.
Trim all the other vanes to match. This will keep the arrow in balance, flight wise
even though the vane area will be a bit lighter than the original.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts