Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Checking Barnett's website, there is one review where it mentions the sled hook holder does not
fit as the back does not have enough room to insert the screw that holds that part. The owner had
to do some modification to make it work. For a person that only uses a rope to cock the crossbow,
one would never know the problem existed.
Allen wrenches that came with the crossbow were the wrong size to tighten the scope rings that
were loose.

As for the vane not having the proper clearance and a proprietory arrow as well, I would not be
satisfied regardless what a crossbow costs. The arrows Barnett lists on their website shows that
style of Blazer vane that "JCAT" has submitted the picture of.

I still shoot Barnett crossbows that I purchased years ago, only because I modified them to increase
the strength of their weak Carbonite riser and poor quality cables. Replacement bearings for the
cams could not be purchased separately and had the same over size axle holes as the original ones.
I modified this by installing a full length bushing that also re enforces the axle.

Two years warranty left out of the supposedly 5 years "Sorry, no parts. Suggest you purchase a new
a new crossbow". I have purchased new crossbows since, but not a Barnett.

Shipping a crossbow from Canada back to the U.S. and then coming back, results in a minimum 6 week
turn around plus shop time. There is no direct shipping route to Manitoba, so everything that has to clear
customs crosses in British Columbia or Ontario, Canada.

I will never own a crossbow that requires proprietory arrows for the reasons, they are very expensive
and at times impossible to get. No arrows, what good is the crossbow.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
If it were me and this is my only option to keep the Xbow I'd strip the vanes off the HyperFlites and put on Bhoning Heat Vanes or Tac Driver 2.25" vanes. They are both shorter profile vs what Barnett sent him. That way he's back in game with his Xbow. Not perfect but a solution.
Your idea is good but greatly ups the cost of an arrow that doesn't work as is.

Suppose this person does not have a fletching jig, glue and vanes = more $$$.
Carefully trim the cock vane to obtain the proper clearance.
Now make a pattern from thin card board or card stock.
Trim all the other vanes to match. This will keep the arrow in balance, flight wise
even though the vane area will be a bit lighter than the original.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Duly noted but I'm not suggesting a solution for everyone. This is an isolated case or one off. It seems this person can't return the bow. If that's the case I'd pony up the cash and have the arrows re-flteched. Otherwise, buyer beware with HyperFlite.
A good suggestion, but down the road when one requires more arrows, you are back to the same problem.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Barnett needs to step up and do the right thing. Either replace xbow or build these arrows correctly so that they fit this model and ship them out with the xbow and replace the ones already out. This cannot be the first they have heard of this issue and ignoring the problem is a bad look for new owners.
As I see it, the low prices Barnett is selling some of these crossbows for, Barnett is not building them,
put importing them. This is what is keeping their cost down to compete with other companies that
are importing.
Here is an example: I was checking Barnett's website. They list the Barnett Hyper Tac Pro 430 regular
for $1499.99 now on sale for $999.99. That is a $500.00 discount.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Good info, Jim. As my right shoulder keeps getting more painful (planning on a replacement after archery season), and a few of mine are getting more uncomfortable to cock, I thought about getting one of those Walmart XP 350s for under $200. Seeing the “All sales final, no returns” changed my mind.
There are several large companies and chain stores that sell crossbows.
Some boxes have a sheet in them that states, "Do not return to the place of purchase,
but return to the manufacture." I have found this when purchasing a Barnett crossbow
from Canadian Tire in Canada.
Another example was when I purchased a crossbow from Cabela's in Canada on line. Parts
were missing and the stock was broken. The employee did not know how to remove the riser
and being the crossbow had been on display, the original box had been thrown out. The cross
bow was wrapped in bubble wrap and then the broken butt section wrapped to this. Proof it had
not been broken in shipment.
Contacting Cabela's, I gave them an option as it was a clean break. I was willing to do
the repair if they could locate the missing parts. Their response was to ship the crossbow
back to the U.S. for repairs. I tracked down the Cabela's store where the crossbow was
shipped from and the employee checked and found everything near where the crossbow
was on display. I accepted the crossbow and did the repair and it has shot excellent ever
since.
Some stores when items are on sale, the sale is final, but there should be a sign to show this
or the teller should be aware to let the customer know. Some on line sales state, the seller does
not accept returns.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Barnett's supposedly 5 year warranty is only good as long as they have the available parts.
Several years ago, I required parts and still had two years warranty left out of their supposedly
five years. "Sorry, no parts. Suggest you purchase another crossbow". This I did, but it was
the end of buying any more Barnett crossbows.

Crossbows, purchased from some of the importers, they do not stock parts due to the cheap
price they are selling crossbows for. The more product an importer can bring in, with hopes of
making quick sales, the cheaper they can buy for, so the cheaper they can sell the product.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
A business that acquires a new ownership or in case of a merger between two companies,
staff, some products etc get dumped.
In the news a few days ago, Wal Mart is supposedly getting rid of some upper management
and having large sales to reduce stock that is not selling. Reasons were the higher cost of
shipping and people are only purchasing necessities.
Due to high fuel costs, labor shortages etc., trucks are not coming as often, but when they do
they are fully loaded.
In Canada, over the years, stores that used to stock archery equipment, some no longer do,
while others, one can make a purchase on line. Having a central warehouse, the individual
chain store does not have to carry as much inventory.

Take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts