Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Your idea is good but greatly ups the cost of an arrow that doesn't work as is.

Suppose this person does not have a fletching jig, glue and vanes = more $$$.
Carefully trim the cock vane to obtain the proper clearance.
Now make a pattern from thin card board or card stock.
Trim all the other vanes to match. This will keep the arrow in balance, flight wise
even though the vane area will be a bit lighter than the original.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
Duly noted but I'm not suggesting a solution for everyone. This is an isolated case or one off. It seems this person can't return the bow. If that's the case I'd pony up the cash and have the arrows re-flteched. Otherwise, buyer beware with HyperFlite.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Barnett needs to step up and do the right thing. Either replace xbow or build these arrows correctly so that they fit this model and ship them out with the xbow and replace the ones already out. This cannot be the first they have heard of this issue and ignoring the problem is a bad look for new owners.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Duly noted but I'm not suggesting a solution for everyone. This is an isolated case or one off. It seems this person can't return the bow. If that's the case I'd pony up the cash and have the arrows re-flteched. Otherwise, buyer beware with HyperFlite.
A good suggestion, but down the road when one requires more arrows, you are back to the same problem.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Barnett needs to step up and do the right thing. Either replace xbow or build these arrows correctly so that they fit this model and ship them out with the xbow and replace the ones already out. This cannot be the first they have heard of this issue and ignoring the problem is a bad look for new owners.
As I see it, the low prices Barnett is selling some of these crossbows for, Barnett is not building them,
put importing them. This is what is keeping their cost down to compete with other companies that
are importing.
Here is an example: I was checking Barnett's website. They list the Barnett Hyper Tac Pro 430 regular
for $1499.99 now on sale for $999.99. That is a $500.00 discount.

Take care.

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
This is Not my Bow.. Thank God, but this is Totally not Acceptable. This Bows souls Purpose revolves around this Arrow Only. Iam afraid if it Were Mine...i would Demand a Full Refund from Some One. I think they Mixed the Barrels up from the New XTR 400.
Why is rail separate from forearm? If this is merely a mix up on rails he should be able to send to Barnett and they send him correct rail.

·
5,271 Posts
All the online buying is great, until it isn’t. :cautious: Would be nice to know the merchant so we can avoid them. Sorry for your Friend’s experience.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Jeff, I have Used this same Merchant many times myself without any issues. Most Barnett sales online are Final and all complaints and issues go through Barnett. Well he doesn't want the Bow so he's willing to take the loss. Barnett is the one I would take issue with. At least the Seller will accept it Back at Steep restocking fee. I believe in the End he will recoup all fees.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
He is Sending the Bow Back to the Seller, at a 20% restocking Fee. I would be contacting the BBB. to recoupe the loss He will Eat. Through no Fault of His Own.
JCAT, you are a good friend. Once refunds are secured I’d be leaving a negative review. Lessened learned and no fault to your friend.

Reactions: JCAT

·
5,271 Posts
Jeff, I have Used this same Merchant many times myself without any issues. Most Barnett sales online are Final and all complaints and issues go through Barnett. Well he doesn't want the Bow so he's willing to take the loss. Barnett is the one I would take issue with. At least the Seller will accept it Back at Steep restocking fee. I believe in the End he will recoup all fees.
Good info, Jim. As my right shoulder keeps getting more painful (planning on a replacement after archery season), and a few of mine are getting more uncomfortable to cock, I thought about getting one of those Walmart XP 350s for under $200. Seeing the “All sales final, no returns” changed my mind.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Good info, Jim. As my right shoulder keeps getting more painful (planning on a replacement after archery season), and a few of mine are getting more uncomfortable to cock, I thought about getting one of those Walmart XP 350s for under $200. Seeing the “All sales final, no returns” changed my mind.
There are several large companies and chain stores that sell crossbows.
Some boxes have a sheet in them that states, "Do not return to the place of purchase,
but return to the manufacture." I have found this when purchasing a Barnett crossbow
from Canadian Tire in Canada.
Another example was when I purchased a crossbow from Cabela's in Canada on line. Parts
were missing and the stock was broken. The employee did not know how to remove the riser
and being the crossbow had been on display, the original box had been thrown out. The cross
bow was wrapped in bubble wrap and then the broken butt section wrapped to this. Proof it had
not been broken in shipment.
Contacting Cabela's, I gave them an option as it was a clean break. I was willing to do
the repair if they could locate the missing parts. Their response was to ship the crossbow
back to the U.S. for repairs. I tracked down the Cabela's store where the crossbow was
shipped from and the employee checked and found everything near where the crossbow
was on display. I accepted the crossbow and did the repair and it has shot excellent ever
since.
Some stores when items are on sale, the sale is final, but there should be a sign to show this
or the teller should be aware to let the customer know. Some on line sales state, the seller does
not accept returns.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
TP RS470, Ravin R29, Excal 400, Sub1 Xr
811 Posts
Just as a footnote: I purchased a Centerpoint CP400 from Walmart. It was a bear to rope cock more than 3 or 4 times. Trigger was at 7lbs. I decided to return it to Walmart. Walmart said no way. I then called Centerpoint and was told they only accept returns if purchased through their website!
Bottom line..............like it or sell it.🙉 haha

21 - 40 of 50 Posts