Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
Guys,you open the box and it has warranty info that must be filled out and either mailed in or fill out online. Once this is done you have established your 5 year warranty with Barnett. If you have a problem you call them,they check your warranty info and issue a return number. I have had to send a step thru riser model back this way twice. Both times they had it back to me in 6 days. No charge.(did have to pay to ship to them, only sent front end. No longer own the str model,not will I ever again. Know this seems like a pain but they will handle warranty if jump thru their hoops. Purchased thru Northwoods outlet.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Barnett's supposedly 5 year warranty is only good as long as they have the available parts.
Several years ago, I required parts and still had two years warranty left out of their supposedly
five years. "Sorry, no parts. Suggest you purchase another crossbow". This I did, but it was
the end of buying any more Barnett crossbows.

Crossbows, purchased from some of the importers, they do not stock parts due to the cheap
price they are selling crossbows for. The more product an importer can bring in, with hopes of
making quick sales, the cheaper they can buy for, so the cheaper they can sell the product.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Get this Guys, don't shoot the Messenger, but was just informed that Barnett has no record of previous Sales after New Ownership....!

·
Premium Member
TP RS470, Ravin R29, Excal 400, Sub1 Xr
811 Posts
Get this Guys, don't shoot the Messenger, but was just informed that Barnett has no record of previous Sales after New Ownership....!
If that is truly the case, they are saying that they have assumed no liabilities from the previous ownership.
Hard to fathom a business decision such as that.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
A business that acquires a new ownership or in case of a merger between two companies,
staff, some products etc get dumped.
In the news a few days ago, Wal Mart is supposedly getting rid of some upper management
and having large sales to reduce stock that is not selling. Reasons were the higher cost of
shipping and people are only purchasing necessities.
Due to high fuel costs, labor shortages etc., trucks are not coming as often, but when they do
they are fully loaded.
In Canada, over the years, stores that used to stock archery equipment, some no longer do,
while others, one can make a purchase on line. Having a central warehouse, the individual
chain store does not have to carry as much inventory.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Guys i was Told this Second Hand, I personally didn't here this for Myself but it May be the Truth. If i had heard it Myself i would Say so, take it with a Grain of Salt.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Guys,you open the box and it has warranty info that must be filled out and either mailed in or fill out online. Once this is done you have established your 5 year warranty with Barnett. If you have a problem you call them,they check your warranty info and issue a return number. I have had to send a step thru riser model back this way twice. Both times they had it back to me in 6 days. No charge.(did have to pay to ship to them, only sent front end. No longer own the str model,not will I ever again. Know this seems like a pain but they will handle warranty if jump thru their hoops. Purchased thru Northwoods outlet.
This! Great post HT.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts