Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still looking for my first xbow and i was really hung on buying the Centerpoint Amped 415.After reading and lots of homework i have shifted directions a little.The main reasons are after i buy the CP Amped i would most likely need several upgrades like trigger,scope,and bolt retainer.I found that the Hyperghost has all these upgrades already for just a little more money.I am just curious if anyone has any experience with either of these xbows,and maybe some feedback so i know if im heading in the right direction.Thanks for any help.
Maurice

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well...I am not a fan of Barnett for various reasons, so I would buy the Killer Instinct. I did just that very thing to replace my father's Barnett which cracked on the foregrip under the rail for no apparent reason.Barnett customer service told him there was nothing they could/would do to fix it or replace the parts, and that he "Now owns an 8lb paper weight". So you buy what you want, but my hard earned coin will NEVER go to Barnett.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have really been liking my barnett HyperGhost 425. I did have some issues barnett took care of without question.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard alot of people dont like Barnett,i was thinking maybe it was an older problem.With that said i have heard great things about K.I. customer service and warranty.I guess i need some feedback from someone with the speed 425.Does anyone know if the speed comes with the same crappy trigger as other models? I saw the hyperghost had the upgraded trigger tech trigger.Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
437 Posts
trigger and bolt retainer isn't needed on the 415 Amped.....it's a personal choice

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I have heard alot of people dont like Barnett,i was thinking maybe it was an older problem.With that said i have heard great things about K.I. customer service and warranty.I guess i need some feedback from someone with the speed 425.Does anyone know if the speed comes with the same crappy trigger as other models? I saw the hyperghost had the upgraded trigger tech trigger.Thanks for the feedback.
All newer model Barnetts come with TT and the triggers are legit. Barnett is a supermarket brand but that doesn't make it bad.

Lots of hate toward Barnett at a high level on CBN. Some of it deserved some of it overplayed or past Butt burn. Who hasn't had a butt burn experience with a Xbow. If you are around long enough it will happen.

Look at the traffic for each respective Xbow Manufacturer on CBN. Barnett does just fine. I have the TS370 and it's a bad azz Xbow and I'll put it up agains any xbow when it comes to killing a deer. Did a few minor mods for a xbow less then $300. Got over 755 shots out of the OEM strings. Deadly accurate out to 70 yards to date.

Lot's of choices. KI has some good and bad reported on it's models as well. Pick your poison until you feel confident and worthy of an OEM to pull dollars out of your wallet. Non of us are paying for your Xbow. :cool:

Me, I'm not selling my Barnett anytime soon and like the crap out of it. I've killed deer with it.

Adding CBN perspective. Might want to visit both KI and Barnett forums for additional support. General forum is a good place to throw tomatoes when it comes to Xbows. ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have really been liking my barnett HyperGhost 425. I did have some issues barnett took care of without question.
What type of problems did you have with your Hyperghost if you dont mind me asking? Also is the hyperflite .204 the only bolts that your hyperghost can shoot? Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts