Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been using a Jackal that I bought in January of 2015. Didn't register it for the warranty at the time, BUT...the trigger hood cracked today while trying to site it in. Is it a lost cause to try and fix it, or is there something else I can do to fix it? Archery season is closing in fast! Any advice??

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Call Barnett (800) 237-4507, Option 1 M-F 830AM-5PM and explain you situation. I did the same thing and they are sending me a new cocking device for my Wildcat C5.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call Barnett (800) 237-4507, Option 1 M-F 830AM-5PM and explain you situation. I did the same thing and they are sending me a new cocking device for my Wildcat C5.

Good luck
Thanks! I'll give it a go. Do you know if they are easily replaceable by yourself or better to have an archery shop do it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure what the trigger hood is. I think I would Google it and see.
Another thing, I probably would give it a go... what's the worst that can happen...take it to an archery repair shop?

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Their easy to replace. I have broke them by overtigtening the back bolt. Super glue will work for a while if need be.

Reactions: Daditude

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got off the phone with Customer service. They're amazing! Sending me the new hood asap, and I did find it was super easy to fix! Thanks all for the help!!!

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Just got off the phone with Customer service. They're amazing! Sending me the new hood asap, and I did find it was super easy to fix! Thanks all for the help!!!
Glad to hear it. Just make sure you dont tighten that back bolt too much or it will break. I had to learn the hard way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts