Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
another thing . i like the small width of the new bows, for instance barnetts bc forward limb is only 10 inches wide when cocked . but have you tried to get the cocking aid out after you have pulled it back . its tough . so as bows get narrower and string angle gets more extreme , then there is going to be some degree of saftey issue .
I have the Accu Draw 50 on my FX4 and understand how the "hooks" can be a little challenging, but keeping "your" fingers out of the way can be done, as well as loading an arrow...It doesn't take any longer to be "safe" than it does to be "at-risk"....Good luck....

Reactions: Tim50

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just an update. I emailed Barnett about this issue and they did not even bother to reply. I will never buy a Barnett product again. Learn from my mistake. Stay away from Barnett!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Just an update. I emailed Barnett about this issue and they did not even bother to reply. I will never buy a Barnett product again. Learn from my mistake. Stay away from Barnett!
Emails serve a purpose and the should respond. That being said pick up the phone & talk to someone in the CS dept. Talk to a warm body and try & get your problem resolved the old fashioned way! Best of luck & let us know how things go.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Sorry to hear of the accident. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 1)Wondering if, when cocking the crossbow if the second click was not reached there by not properly engaging the safety. 2)Depending on the amount of shooting over 4 years, maybe the part was worn out. All the best.
Bunnyrabbit you are right on as usual. I am not familiar with the Ghost but I am with the famous Sniper by CP. I had one fire because I didn't pull the rope until the 2nd click was made. At that moment I didn't know what happened but I slowly cocked the bow to see what happened. You can do the same with a screw driver shank without cocking the crossbow to check.
That scared me to learn the ADF wasn't foolproof so I sold it.
The short fall in design was the ADF lever cocker arm was too far back allowing a short stroke to latch the string without setting the safety/ADF. I shared this with CP.
Lesson learned always make a full stroke on some certain crossbows.
My Ripper has a foolproof ADF system. Also the hooks fall away after cocking with rope so no fingers need to be in that area. With a crank cocking device fingers required in danger zones.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts