Crossbow Nation banner

Barnett Raptor Pro STR shooting results

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TomOnTheRun 
#1 ·
I bought one at Northwoods Wholesale for $449.99 plus sales tax. This is one with the improved CCD. While shooting last night I cocked it in correctly by not putting the cocking rope around the collar before cocking. The roller assembly bit into the rail and scratched it. Realizing my mistake I had my son cock it partially with cocking rope to relieve pressure on the cocking sled. Somehow the rope from the CCD got too far in by the brush and cocking mechanism. Had my son pull hand rope again to cock bow but it wouldn’t lock and dry fired. One on of the storage ears for cocking sled when not in use broke off. I will try and call Barnett tomorrow about a replacement. I got the cocking out of the mechanism and shot it this morning 6 times to make sure it functioned ok. It did. I checked it at 20 and 30 yards near bullseye with all shots.I am impressed.

#2 ·
My daughter-in-law has this bow and she likes it. She's killed a couple deer with it. Good luck getting yours fixed.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.