Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a barnett razr for the past 5 or six years. While it is a good shooting bow, I recently noticed some small cracks forming in the riser. After a call to customer service (on hold for 2 hrs) I was told to send it back and they would fix it for free but since I didn't have the receipt this would be the last free service under warranty. I was ok with this not knowing if the bow was 5 or 6 years old. When I received the bow back and inspected it, I notice a small spinter from the one limb. To be honest it was very small and could have been there before I sent it back, but either way I do not feel safe shooting the bow. I have tried emailing the person I had been in contact with prior about the situation but am not getting any response back. I hate to pitch this bow because it was expensive. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, when I was in contact with barnett they said they do not have any spare parts for this now discontinued model so purchasing a new riser assembly from them is not an option. they used a riser from a different model when they repaired it the first time. Thanks for any suggestions

·
4,606 Posts
1. Can you post a pic of the splinter?

2. 5-6 year old bow and the maker says they can’t help? My thought is make of it what you can for as long as it lasts, like running a vehicle into the ground. I would count on replacing it. It’s a shame because I remember Vagaru on here had at least one completer front end for the Razr a while back, and was selling it dirt cheap. He used to be a sponsored 3D shooter for Barnett. Maybe message him and he might know something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try to post a pic. It is a very small splinter but I certainly don't want it blowing up on me. I did come across Vagaru's post for 2018. I saw he was selling bow and extra front end. I saw sold on the thread but not sure if it was just the bow or the front end as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went to market place. I have to have 20 posts before I can place an add. Will do so when I get to 20!
thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea where I find the model number on the bow? The serial number is on a sticker but for the life of me, I cannot find the model number anywhere. Between the riser, now the limbs and possible recall, considering having to just look for a new crossbow.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Would poi
Any idea where I find the model number on the bow? The serial number is on a sticker but for the life of me, I cannot find the model number anywhere. Between the riser, now the limbs and possible recall, considering having to just look for a new crossbow.
[/QUOT. I would point out that its a re all and ask for a replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts