Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Barnett XP380, Bear Constrictor and the PSE Coalition Venge crossbows. These have the one major option I need in crossbow, the adjustable butt stock.

I need the buttstock as I have a fused elbow ( a gift from Uncle Sam). I currently use an old recurve with a home built stock extension. It is time to move on and up.

Does anyone have thoughts on any of these bows? My teen daughter has a Barnett Recruit bow. It has been a good bow and Barnett has been a good company backing a problem with strings early on.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Mike

·
Registered
377 Posts
NO Barnett's for me, thanks. There are other Xbows available that have the adjustable stock as well. Some of these come in at a very affordable price point too. Check out the Killer Instinct and Centerpoint crossbows, assuming an AR style adjustable stock is suitable for you. Thanks for your service and good luck going forward!

·
Registered
184 Posts
No Barnetts for me either. Of your choices it would be PSE for my choice. If I could have any choice in that price range you listed it would be a Centerpoint offering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know these are not the exact models but here...
We have a 2020 Barnett ts380, tried talking my 8yo into a pse but the black camo sold him. Also have a 2020 pse fang (daughter) and pse tac 15. All 3 have adjustable ar15 type stock. The PSE can be replaced by any ar15 stock. I have a Magpul with comb adjustment on one and drake on the the other. The Barnett is proprietary and cannot be changed out. Trigger tec trigger is better on the barnett than the Fang. Tac 15 uses a drop in geissele 2 stage. (But it was a 1500$ xb) the barnett shoots extremely well, fast and accurate. It looks more expensive than the fang. I trust the PSE CS and warranty over anyone though. If I had to choose it would be PSE. I looked at both the pse models and the fang looked better built than the slightly cheaper coalition

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just curious, will you be using a crank or rope cocker? Even a lighter draw weight with a long power stroke could be problematic with a rope method. I ask because I had a heck of a time with a bear apocalypse, due to longer power stroke, wasn’t the weight, but I’m short, and have a wacky left shoulder, so getting it to fully cock(literally that last 1 and half inches) involved me contorting my arm in a less than pleasant manner, needless to say that didn’t last long. Now I use Excalibur’s with rope cocker, and anything else gets a crank, if this is of no relevance disregard, just trying to help. Good luck and let us know what you end up with 👍

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh, and other than the difficulty in cocking the Apocalypse was great, very similar to a Sniper 370, and had an adjustable stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts