Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barnett continues with great price point Xbows. This is now on my radar!

A complete crossbow package including a side mount quiver, 2-22” Headhunter arrows, rope cocking sled, lubrication wax, and 4x32mm multi-reticle scope. The crossbow has a 10” narrow riser design, anti-dry fire trigger system, pass-through foregrip, metal injection molded trigger, finger safety reminders, and three Picatinny rails. Weighs 6.5 lbs.
  • New 10" narrow riser design
  • TriggerTech 3 lb zero creep frictionless release technology
  • Anti-dry fire trigger system
  • Metal injection molded trigger
  • Soft Lok floating bristle arrow retainer
  • Color: mossy oak bottomland
Dimensions33” x 16.25”
Barnett Crossbows - Axle to Axle (in)10"
Barnett Crossbows - Draw Weight (lbs)205 lbs.
Barnett Crossbows - Kinetic Energy (ft lbs)135 ft. lbs.
Barnett Crossbows - Power Stroke (in)13.4"
Barnett Crossbows - Speed (fps)*400
Trigger TypeTriggerTech

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Currently $483 on eBay.

Looks like a home for my Easton 9MM arrows for 2022.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
You sure that does not shoot the .204 arrows?
Checking Barnett's website, the Whitetail Hunter 400XTR shoots 22"Head Hunter
arrows and comes with 2 each.
Many items on Barnett's website are listed out of stock and have been for a
long time due to China being shut down over another serious Covid outbreak.

Checking various items, if they do list in stock, (top right hand corner when
selecting the item) there is no place to "add to cart".

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Assuming 10 inch cocked.?
Yes.
Checking Barnett's website, the Whitetail Hunter 400XTR shoots 22"Head Hunter
arrows and comes with 2 each.
Many items on Barnett's website are listed out of stock and have been for a
long time due to China being shut down over another serious Covid outbreak.

Checking various items, if they do list in stock, (top right hand corner when
selecting the item) there is no place to "add to cart".

Take care.
I bet 20” will work fine. We will see. 👏👏👏

length, non issue for me.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Whitetail XTR...would probably be a Better choice..no arrow worries. While the Stock looks simular to the whitetail pro series...it is different. Both these Bows would make Great hunting Bows...not much difference in performance either way.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
If one looks at the top picture in Post #1, if that is a 22" arrow, no way will a 20" work with a broadhead.
If however that happened to be a 20" arrow, then a 22" would work as the arrow shaft would be 2" longer.

Going back to Barnett's website "Features" Hyperflite .204 Small Diameter Arrow Compatibility.
Not possible in my opinion as the .204 uses outserts and this area would need support at the end of
the rail-stock which will not happen when using 22" arrows. It also states "adjustable butt pad" which
viewing the pictures, I do not see this either. The only way would be putting longer bolts in the butt pad
where it fastens to the stock with spacers in between the butt pad and the stock.
Looks like a lot of false advertisement.

As for speed, when one either narrows the riser and or shortens the limbs, one loses speed. The only way
to increase speed is to go to a different cam configuration and possibly higher draw weight limbs.

Unless Barnett has redesigned their stock, the Whitetail Hunter Pro STR was a disaster as I had one for a
couple of days and returned it due to too many manufacture errors. Too much machining in some areas
and too much dipping or coating in others.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Looks like an exceptional bow for the price. I am doubtful 20" arrows will work if that is a 22" in the first picture. Might not even get away with 21".... not that it really matters I guess as long as the head is contained/protected by the riser or foot stirrup. :)(y)

·
4,953 Posts
Looks like an exceptional bow for the price. I am doubtful 20" arrows will work if that is a 22" in the first picture. Might not even get away with 21".... not that it really matters I guess as long as the head is contained/protected by the riser or foot stirrup. :)(y)
I agree, Jim. If that is 22” pictured. Also looks like a standard diameter arrow which, IMO, is a plus. Less worries about skinny arrow availability if needed.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
If one looks at the top picture in Post #1, if that is a 22" arrow, no way will a 20" work with a broadhead.
If however that happened to be a 20" arrow, then a 22" would work as the arrow shaft would be 2" longer.

Going back to Barnett's website "Features" Hyperflite .204 Small Diameter Arrow Compatibility.
Not possible in my opinion as the .204 uses outserts and this area would need support at the end of
the rail-stock which will not happen when using 22" arrows. It also states "adjustable butt pad" which
viewing the pictures, I do not see this either. The only way would be putting longer bolts in the butt pad
where it fastens to the stock with spacers in between the butt pad and the stock.
Looks like a lot of false advertisement.

As for speed, when one either narrows the riser and or shortens the limbs, one loses speed. The only way
to increase speed is to go to a different cam configuration and possibly higher draw weight limbs.

Unless Barnett has redesigned their stock, the Whitetail Hunter Pro STR was a disaster as I had one for a
couple of days and returned it due to too many manufacture errors. Too much machining in some areas
and too much dipping or coating in others.

Take care.
Never cared for the STR.RISER. i had the Whitetail pro series Stock on my Raptor Pro and thought it handled really well. But the barrell on that Bow had alot of flex in it. The barrell was touted as an inlayed style barrel and wasn't all that Rigid...but it still shot well enough to 40yds for me. The new XTR looks like the trigger Box is fastened to the Barrel at least, the Raptor Pro was not.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Bunnyrabbit, we will see. I plan to buy one. I do know that Barnett marketing is so inconsistent with data/specs. I'll find out soon enough (within a month) because I'll have one of these. Barnett is in my DNA. Probably gonna move my Mission. Damn great Xbow but I always gravitate to my XP400 when I want to shoot a Xbow. When I get the Whitetail XTR I'll soon solicit Perry24 to custom build cable and strings for me. His string build is amazing.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
205 lb limbs? Rope sled cocker? If no mechanical draw is available, it is not for a lot of people.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whitetail XTR...would probably be a Better choice..no arrow worries. While the Stock looks simular to the whitetail pro series...it is different. Both these Bows would make Great hunting Bows...not much difference in performance either way.
Here is my play. Will buy another Sig Romeo5 Red Dot. That setup easily stays in 6.8lb range. Hmmm...... 10" ATA, light weight and 400fps with a 400 grain arrow. That fits my requirements. The stock looks desirable for Barnett's CCD setup that's more inline with the flight rail. That is to TBD or as needed. Right now a non factor for me.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am sure this is just another Barnett online tech genius screwup....but View attachment 223684
I am sure this is just another Barnett online tech genius screwup....but View attachment 223684
Yep, ambiguous marketing already with compatibility with Skinny arrow spec? Who knows it could be true but I've seen so many market errors in the past with Barnett. I'll just wait and see. I had that stock with Raptor Pro STR and shot 20" arrows out of it when it came with 22" arrows. Just sayin'. If I have to shoot 22" arrows I'll gladly do that vs buying proprietary skinny arrow from Barnett.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts