Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Got out over last several days. Have total 40 shots on my new Xbow. Just installed Sig Romeo Red Dot. Total hunting setup sans quiver 6.74lbs.

Shooting a three arrow group at 40 yards. I know I shouldn't have but officially dialed in. Red Dot ready and this dog will hunt!

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Military camouflage Gun barrel

Circuit component Automotive tire Writing implement Office supplies Gas

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
FYI: I just chromo'd with 400 grain head hunter arrow. duplicated two shots at 390fps. My work is complete until hunting season approaches.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yes.

I bet 20” will work fine. We will see. 👏👏👏

length, non issue for me.
Tom,
Take a close look at the last photo in the series above. It appears two inches less or 20" arrow will put the broadhead in the rail position.
Best regards
Spot

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
20” arrows non issue. Not in my Xbow.
HuntersThompson, yes, I chrono’d 400 grain arrows yesterday at 390fps.

Note: It’s a stout SOB to rope cock.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As far as the distance between the stops and string I use to put different width washers on the shaft of the stops,to adjust this distance on my Barnetts, add a drop of gorilla glue if needed.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Tom,
Take a close look at the last photo in the series above. It appears two inches less or 20" arrow will put the broadhead in the rail position.
Best regards
Spot
SPOT, hope all is well. I haven't used a 22" arrow yet out of my Xbow. No required in my opinion.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
As far as the distance between the stops and string I use to put different width washers on the shaft of the stops,to adjust this distance on my Barnetts, add a drop of gorilla glue if needed.
I was going to do that but Mike's suggestion with the cotton balls works perfect. I just cut them with a scissor. Simple fix!

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Post #67 mentions the crossbow is hard to rope cock. If one looks
at the cams and see the huge axle offset from the center of the
cam, this is the reason. One would even notice this with a crank
cocking device. Once over the hump, if there is still enough travel
before reaching the fully cocked position, it would get easier.

This works similar to a vertical bow, which results in less holding
weight when that bow is cocked.

My Center Point XT390 is similar, very hard to cock in the last wee
bit. I modified it to use a plug in crank-cocking device. This is still
noticeable, but much easier to cock the crossbow than the rope.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I like the looks of those jumbo stops, if you look close at the pics in post #70 you see what looks like a silver washer/spacer without it the distance may be more then one wants between string and stop. When tuning the bow this distance may change as well. This is where adding or subtracting a washer gives you adjustment of the distance, your non adjustable stops are now adjustable. The cotton method may work just as well.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
That silver you see is the metal posts from a TS model that I slid over the plastic of the xp to make them longer to support the bigger stops. I also moved the stop further back from strings to accommodate the length. On the xp models the stops come too close to string,pressing on them usually. The xp need to be cam advanced to get the proper string/ stop separation. The xtr comes with too much space and needs spacing forward. Adjustable stops would be the answer like what Burky builds. Barnett? Anyone listening?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 · (Edited)
Barnett ADF FYI: Barnett ADFs safety switch is highly underrated build. All of mine are very smooth. My 2022 WH400XTR is slightly different build and is even more smooth then my past Barnetts, including all other Xbows I've owned in the past. Not a major differentiator because past Barnett's have all been great but this is even better. It's almost like a glide but noticeable feel going from safety to fire mode. Just a nuance I wanted to share.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
I take it your pleased with the accuracy?
I'm extremely impressed with this 2022 model. I have it dialed in and no real need to shoot until hunt season using my Easton 9MM out of box arrows. The only mods to the arrows are the lighted nocks I got off of Amazon. This dog will hunt!

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Way to go Barnett Customer Service! I emailed Barnett to get string and cable specs for my 2022 Whitetail Hunter 400 XTR and in 24 hours they promptly responded. Liking the new ownership CS mojo!
Cable Spec followup: Whitetail Hunter 400 XTR
String is 32 3/4” and cables 14 7/8”

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 6/22/2022, 10:31 AM
To: Barnett
Subject: Re: Thank you for your inquiry

Whitetail Hunter 400 XTR. New 2022 model with 10” riser ATA when cocked.

Sent: On Jun 22, 2022, at 10:27 AM, Customer Support
Hi,
Which White tail is it?
Please advise,

Kirstyn

61 - 80 of 82 Posts