Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the companies lie about the speed of there crossbows. This one was rated at 320 fps the best I can get with the lightest arrow they said I could use is 286. I dont know but this just makes me angry so as not to buy there brand.

·
1,222 Posts
Why don't you call and politly ask them?

Let them know your concerns...let them answer! Who knows...they just might let you know, what's up "their" bow.

Just for the sake of argument...you might also think of trying another chronograph.

Mike

P.s. - you might do what I just did and head on down to the "Manufacturers Corner" section and read all about it in the Wildcat C5 post.
Ask why the advertizment is worded the way it is!

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Right,maybe tell them politely they sent you the wrong bow,then ask them to send you the Bow you ordered,You know the one that shoots 320 FPS.

I would be very upset,if in fact the bow shoots 286 FPS.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy for all the Ideas. I did email barnett and the most I could get was they use competitor arrows to test but no one could tell me what they were.
I have used two meters and they both show 280 to 286 every time. Maybe I will try to send it back. 400 grain is the lightest they say I can shoot. Anyone know if you need to back off the limb bolts before you put it in a bow press?

·
221 Posts
I regularly shoot 350 grain arrows out of my C5. It is my favorite bow to shoot and it also is my slowest. With my 16" aluminum arrows it shoots 312 fps. I see where you are coming from because it is not 320 fps.

With a 13" powerstroke w/ 150lb peak wt and wheels (not cams) I don't think that it can get much faster. Personally I like the ability to cock the bow with my hands and the short powerstroke doesn't kill my back while shooting all day. It is very accurate (or just as accurate as my other bows) though it has more arrow drop. The C5 bow POINTS great!

When I break out my bows for fun at family gatherings the bow that gets shot the most is the C5, every time.

What do you think of the rest of the bow?
How was the fit and finish?
Is the bow accurate?
Is it reliable?

I think that there are more important aspects of a crossbow than just speed. You will see that mentioned on this forum over and over. Speed is fine but accuracy is final.

Never back out limb bolts. If your press can't compress the limbs than you are not using the right press and you should use a crossbow press.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks S.E. I love the bow I just dont like not having the truth.
GREAT HUNTING TO :eek: I WOULD BE HAPPY WITH 312 FPS BUT 286 FPS NOT CLOSE TO 320 FPS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts