Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got the xp380 in today and got it setup. Wasn’t difficult at all. First ever xbow for me but have been into the compound bow for a little while. Bought the ccd packaged one because I thought it would be nice to have. Can’t say I’m a huge fan but felt like I could always just get the regular cocker rope anytime and the price was so cheap I figured I had nothing to lose. Any tips? Anything to be aware of?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Congrats, let us know how it goes. Smart to get the CCD package. Nice to have manual rope cocking as another option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoots well. Haven’t had any issues. Not blown away by the stock scope but that is expected. Trigger is nice. The xbow feels good and comfortable. Very light weight. Much lighter than I expected even knowing it’s 6.2lbs. These things are violent though.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Did it come with any limb dampeners? How about string stops. The one I looked at bps had neither.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any suggestions for the limbsavers? I don’t know what is what. I purchased the xbow from bass pro shop online. 299$. Figured I couldn’t go wrong

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Doesn't count until pics posted. ;):p😎

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same oat as Klay23--newbie - first venture into crossbows. Got mine at Cabela as well (XP 380 w/ crank). I had a problem with the length of the lines on the crank--so I called CS--was told to place the crank string in a different spot besides the rope cocker slot for the first 3 or 4 times as the CC string will stretch. It worked-- got it sighted in -- pic is last shot offhand. Only issue is I'm in Phoenix crossbow1.jpg AZ and the lube is no longer a solid but a liquid

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had similar fun with the cocker at first. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I ended up buying a cocking rope as well and am undecided which I like best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had similar fun with the cocker at first. Pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I ended up buying a cocking rope as well and am undecided which I like best.
Fellow at Cabelas warned me about running the cord from the cocker behind the scope. Claims you only get part way--not true--didn't want to fray the cocker cord. I have a bad shoulder and don't think I could use a cocking rope. I added the string dampener (Barnett)--got it on Amazon and easy installation--the holes are already threaded. Not sure if it helps but it does look cool. As a former competitive high powered rifle shooter I don't notice any noise except the arrow hitting the target. Very pleased so far. Everyone keep safe!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Great info Gents. Thanks for sharing. Wpriest! Well done sir!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts