Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
It depends on where stuff is shipped from as to when you get it. Before Covid I would get packages from Marty in 2 to 3 days, the one I received today took 7 days.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Initial impressions. Hmmmmm

This could be a sleeper price point Xbow like the TS370.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
More updates.
1. Xbow is light as advertised. Weigths 7.06lbs with the attached Halo Scope. Wow, Score!
2. Shims will be required when I get time to shoot this Xbow. Lots of hump on the rail. I'll fix that! :p
3. Trigger Tech, score!
4. Adjustable butt stock with adjustable cheek pad. Nicely done Barnett
5. Strings do align to center of the V-shaped stoppers. About time. Nicely done Barnett!
6. Attractive Camo pattern. I like it. I guess that all that matters for this guy. ;)

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
adding shims today and plan to chrono test my Barnett Explorer XP400. What I noticed when assembled the string in flush against the rubber stops and they do align in the center of the older style V-Shaped stops. Mine did not come with the flat stops. I do plan to purchase Bowjax knuckle or the extra large stops that HunterThompson has discovered. They should work perfectly if I'm not satisfied I'll find a solution.

To be continued. I may add the oz. of weight for limb dampeners. Shooting at this speed and the Xbow being this light I anticipate vibration when shooting. I'll figure that out. At the price I paid It's worth adding these upgrades to what I think is a going to be another underrated Xbow like the TS370.

Gotta like the Camo pattern too.

Reactions: thomaskelley

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Limb dampeners can't hurt.

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
When shims added to level string it may change position of strings on stops. The bowjax jumbo stops are a full 1 inch diameter which gives a much larger sweet spot. They are 2 inch long and cover almost the entire post.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
TS370 vs 400XP
1. ATA is exactly the same.
2. Power stroke in longer on the 400XP
3. 400XP is 1/2 pound lighter in weight as you saw in the pic. Weight spec includes 400XP scope vs TS370 red dot/HHA
4. Had to use thicker shims on the 400XP to level out the string.

Note: Barnett has designed the 400XP to fit tight against their string stopper so I'm not sure how to advance cams to speed up the Xbow. One idea is to remove the string stop assembly on the 400XP.

To be continued. :cool:

Reactions: thomaskelley

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Chrono Time and Barnett absolutely impresses beyond OEM specs without advancing cams. Stay tuned. Wow, wasn't expecting this type of speed but this Xbow does require full 1/8" shims. I can slide a business card under the bow string.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
The following pics surprised the crap out of me (out of the box) with heavier grain arrows. The only thing I did was add shims to the riser to level the bowstring and trust me it needed it. Vibration was no different than my current TS370.

I have only shot this Xbow 4 times and the XP model has impressed the crap out of me so far.

Rope Cocking. Be advised: This is one stout Xbow to rope cock.

Trigger tech impresses. Now I wait for my Vortex Crossfire II Speed scope

I weighed the Xbow again and it's it. 7.1lbs, includes the OEM scope (added the riser bolt today). Wow!

'

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nuff said! :p

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Tom, that is a really cool looking bow as well as a fast one. I do not quite understand the whole shim thing. What is it made of and how does that get the string off the rail?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
TK, A shim is nothing more then a spacer I put between the riser and the shooting rail stock. I have an extensive post how I did this on my TS370. All the credit goes to Bunnyrabbit. By adding the spacer on the top shelf on the riser when you secure the riser bolt it forces the riser down enough to lift the string off the shooting rail. See my pics again. See how the bow string has a slight gap of light between the string and the shooting rail. I expect to get over 700 shoots on my center serving and strings because now I have close to a frictionless shooting rail. Nothing but positives for string longevity. I'm sure I'm gaining some FPS but not significant. The real value add is the string longevity. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
TK, A shim is nothing more then a spacer I put between the riser and the shooting rail stock. I have an extensive post how I did this on my TS370. All the credit goes to Bunnyrabbit. By adding the spacer on the top shelf on the riser when you secure the riser bolt it forces the riser down enough to lift the string off the shooting rail. See my pics again. See how the bow string has a slight gap of light between the string and the shooting rail. I expect to get over 700 shoots on my center serving and strings because now I have close to a frictionless shooting rail. Nothing but positives for string longevity. I'm sure I'm gaining some FPS but not significant. The real value add is the string longevity. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much Tom! That makes sense to me now. I appreciate your help!

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
When shims added to level string it may change position of strings on stops. The bowjax jumbo stops are a full 1 inch diameter which gives a much larger sweet spot. They are 2 inch long and cover almost the entire post.
Just a follow up. Adding shims did not change string position on the rubber stop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for sharing your initial impressions TOTR. Looks like Barnett made some improvements to the TS design. I'm especially interested in the adjustable cheek piece. How much vertical adjustment is there, and do you think this buttstock will fit on the TS-390 or TS-370?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts