Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Hi Tom ,
I enjoyed your reviews on all your toys . Well done!
I too have "leveled" ny string going across the rail. It took 1/16" shims to get the string just touching the rail on my Ripper. I have not checked bow speed but it shoots fine. I expect long serving life.
I noticed one trade off in doing the string leveling. Shiming the riser at the top of the joint increases the cable angle the same amount where they route under the rail. This change appears to add more rub between the cables. Maybe not a big issue over than shorter life but noticed.
Thanks again
I have over 700 shots with the SHIM fix and no premature cable issues on my Barnett TS370 Xbow. However, your comments makes sense.

Thanks for sharing to bring note to this. I'll watch how this plays out on my 400XP. (y)

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
What bolts are you using with the XP 400? I'm a first time crossbow buyer and am heavily leaning towards the XP 400.
20" BloodSport Witness arrows. They'll weigh in the 425 grain range using a 100grain field point or broadhead. After the shim fix I was shooting 392fps on my Ballistic Chronograph.

Be advise, manual rope cocking, me with a jacked up back was a challenge.

Barnett is coming-out with a new CCD system for the 400XP series crossbow in September. I hope this is as good as their customer rep claimed it to be.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
what is crank lb. On your carbon express?
I do not know as this crossbow was set up as a demo until the company
cleaned this brand out as they are no longer made. The crossbow has 185
pound draw weight limbs similar to all my Barnett's but it is much easier to crank.
One can stop anywhere from start to finish with out fear of a crank back spin, even
if ones hand came off the crank.This crank system is much superior to Barnett's.
All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Agreed,this is the crank that FD is installing for shooters. TOTR has said that he really likes the setup

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
The new ccd out on non adj stock barnetts claim 13 lb. Do not know if they have the positive lock feature. Would not want one without.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
I do not know as this crossbow was set up as a demo until the company
cleaned this brand out as they are no longer made. The crossbow has 185
pound draw weight limbs similar to all my Barnett's but it is much easier to crank.
One can stop anywhere from start to finish with out fear of a crank back spin, even
if ones hand came off the crank.This crank system is much superior to Barnett's.
All the best.
Take care.
Completely agree. I shot my TS370 which has 185lbs limbs and much easier to cock then the Barnet CCD setup. Having this mod made for my Xbow is a game changer for my back.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit
61 - 67 of 67 Posts