Crossbow Nation banner

BD 380 loose trigger

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  HivemasteR 
#1 ·
My hunting buddy uses a bulldog 380. Starting yesterday he noticed the trigger rattling from side to side and is quite noisy. He would like to finish the season without disassembling it at if possible. Is it likely okay to use until the end of the season, or is there a possibility there could be a safety issue?. And something is ready to let go? It's been shot about 40 times since bought new, last fall.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#3 ·
No screws visible from what I can see, holding the trigger box to the rail.

Attachments

#4 ·
He is not going to see a change in POI from taking the stock off and tightening the bolts. He can see change and inconsistency in POI from leaving the bolts remain loose. Taking the rail out of the stock and tightening up the bolts is the only logical thing to do. IMO, use blue locktite on those bolts as well.

Reactions: 1271
#5 ·
Thank you. That makes more sense

#7 ·
After removing the stock I realize that the Bulldogs have linkage. Although the linkage is tight ,it is still wiggly, causing the noise. Any suggestions.

#8 ·
After removing the stock I realize that the Bulldogs have linkage. Although the linkage is tight ,it is still wiggly, causing the noise. Any suggestions.
Sent crossbow back to Excalibur. Got it back and it's much better now. They added a washer into the linkage area which took up some of the play. She's ready to kill once again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.