Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a constictor and it dont go on saftey automatically.so I contacted bear they told me to send it in and they will send my a replacement. So I received my new one and it does the same thing.is it me or nature of the beast.thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual says put on fire . I have a tenpoint that puts on safe automatically. Unless it's a typo theres a few things in the manual that is not right like the adjustable trigger. Lol

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
Did you try rope cocking it with "authority" at the end of the pull?

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Not saying don't you have something wrong but it would be helpful if you could share more. Can you take a pic after you have it cocked so we can see the safety position?

Both the constrictor and the intense will not shoot without an arrow.

We are here to help. Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not saying don't you have something wrong but it would be helpful if you could share more. Can you take a pic after you have it cocked so we can see the safety position?

I pull i

I pull it all the way back it clicks on the fire position but will not engage the saftey no matter how hard I pull.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Pics of the safety assembly when you have it cocked? Are you able to shoot an arrow?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Jim,

Here is a pic before and after I cock my BearX Intense. It always starts in fire mode. My intense trigger assembly is identical to the Constrictor. Uncocked it's in the fire mode. When I cock the crossbow it' moves the safety button into safety mode (see pic). I never touch anything before I cock. Also, when in safety mode I cannot put the Xbow into fire mode without an arrow on the rail pushed back into the trigger assembly. Notice in my cocked position with the arrow I'm still in safety mode. Once I'm ready to shoot the arrow I can move from safety position to Fire mode.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Jim,

Here is a pic before and after I cock my BearX Intense. It always starts in fire mode. My intense trigger assembly is identical to the Constrictor. Uncocked it's in the fire mode. When I cock the crossbow it' moves the safety button into safety mode (see pic). I never touch anything before I cock. Also, when in safety mode I cannot put the Xbow into fire mode without an arrow on the rail pushed back into the trigger assembly. Notice in my cocked position with the arrow I'm still in safety mode. Once I'm ready to shoot the arrow I can move from safety position to Fire mode.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 179602
View attachment 179603
Tom,is there not an issue with those bear nocks eating servings he should be made aware of?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I have posted information on this in the Bear forum. Farm Deer confirmed as well and posted details why you should not use TrueX arrows. Note: Anyone shooting BearX Constrictor and Intense models I have no issues using half moon nocks. I have over 350 shots with no center serving separation.

Charles, if you are using OEM orange string and you see separation prematurely in the middle of the string contact BearX. They send you a new and improved bowstring. However, do not use TrueX nocks. Goto Bear forum and read Farm Deers post.

Good luck!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Mine does the same thing if not paying attention. This is possible at the end of the cocking pull. IF the string is NOT pulled 100% then the space between the gate and safety block is not taken up. The bow makes cocked position but the string is what pushes the safety block back so the ADF falls into place to block the safety from going to FIRE without a nock present. Not saying it's right, just sharing what the real issue is. I have had this trigger apart and fully understand this condition. I'm not sure what Bear has to offer outside of replacing the entire trigger with a unit that the safety block is slightly longer to be pushed back when cocking. I just remind myself to pull all the way back. I'm looking at revising this so that it is 100% of the time.:)

I have machined my Constrictor so that the trigger pull is now 1/8" with zero slop in the trigger. Makes a much better shooter

Be safe out there,
FD

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry Tom,
YES, Tom and I both shoot moon nocks without any issue. In fact, two advantages come out of this. 1- the string doesn't separate and 2- it shoots much more accurate, even out to 100Y.
The FOC on the stock arrows is way back. I trashed them after the first experience. BLOODSPORT HUNTERS all the way!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it would ever stop raining I would like to shoot more. what type of rope cocker do you have? mine is the sled type.it will lock the string but will not go from fire to safety. No biggie I can manually do it . No matter how hard or fast I pull wont engage. 2 bows gotta be something I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I did an internet search on cocking the Bear Constrictor crossbow on you tube.
I found they used the rope cocker that has the two single hooks and are placed
with the hook over the top of the bow string. Using this style, one pulls a bit past
when the crossbow is cocked. Possibly the sled you mention will not allow this.

See if you can use this style. Most of the crossbows that use a rope cocker use this style. Going to a crank device, some use hooks while others use the sled with the hooks connected by a rod.

Wal Mart and some sporting goods stores sell these.
All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Jim,
I would NOT recommend using the rope cocker shown with hooks. You will not be able to get the hooks to release very easy. I know, I've tried it.
I just finished shooting for the day and tested your concern. I recommend shortening the original cocking rope/slide so you can just get the sled over the string. I found my string was 3.5" too long and I couldn't get enough stoke while cocking. My arms weren't long enough until I shortened the string to the absolute minimum. You may also be experiencing the same with yours.
Let us know what you find:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you I will definitely try it .the rope seems a little long. run out af steam at the end of the stroke , I'm not a small guy lol..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts