Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little disappointed in Bear's customer service. I sent and email with pics about my servings splitting and cables fraying plus a few simple questions about the Intense CD. They only replied with: take it back to the dealer and have them order a new string under warranty. Not complaining about that, but most companies I've dealt with at least answered a few questions. Anyhow is there any specific string and cables to request for the replacement? I will post some pics I sent them. The are after only around 8 shotsmo o

·
Crossbow Nut
3,139 Posts
Warranty will only replace with OEM string/cable set. There are MUCH better available, but you'll have to pay for them. Contact Martymig about a new set, if you go with factory strings, they will do the same.
When you put your new set on, have your old ones re-served for backups.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
These issues are highly documented. I've been down that road. Marty has specs for the strings for this Xbow. Also, do no use the TrueX nocks. It will split any serving even Marty's. Design flaw in the nocks. Use 1/2 moon nocks. I have hundreds of shots and not one issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They followed up answering my other questions. One was about using other nocks. I want lighted ones for hunting and he recommended ten point lighted nocks because they are a similar design. Are these good to use or should I look into other nocks? Also would I be better off with aftermarket string and cables and just forget their oem ones?

They also said if I use other arrows to make sure they are over 380 grains. Any recommendations? I would like to use 125gr broad heads and keep my arrows about 500 grains total. I know I will lose speed but I'm fine with that. I occasionally hunt bear and hogs and I know they're tougher than deer so I just want heavier setup.

I'm new to all this and trying to learn all I can.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have shot 1/2 moon nocks on both the Constrictor and IntenseCD and they absolutely work perfect on these Xbows. You can find lighted 1/2 moon nocks if you want a glow stick arrow. I guess Alpha nocks will work too. Just understand the centerserving separating in the middle is from TrueX nocks.

Arrow grain weight: I use 425 grain arrows. You can go up in weight if you want. Many like heavy arrows and that works too. I highly recommend BloodSport Witness arrows. They are affordable and they are 100 yard legit accurate. 50 yards in forget about it. ;)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just left the bow shop to get the string replaced. Bear and the guy at the shop were very reluctant to help.Bear wouldn't send a different string even if I paid for upgrade. They and the bow shop guy said its normal for servings to split on crossbows. I literally had to show them the emails from Bear saying they would replace them. After agreeing to disagree I will be getting new string set sometime next week. I'm gonna look for another shop to work with or I'm just going to have to learn to do it all myself.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Best thing you can do is get a press that will work with any crossbow you might own because if you turn out to be like most of us on the forums you will own a bunch. I trust myself a lot more than a guy in a shop when it comes to maintaining my bows.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I believe you PM'd me regarding your bow. As I stated, the orange string is defective. You need the black string. Is it perfect? No, but it's better than the orange. Best to get a hold of Marty, have him double serve and you will be dancing.
I didn't experience issues with Bear support early on but I have received several PM's lately stating dissatisfaction.
Call and talk to Jackson in Indiana. He seemed to be helpful when I called.
FD

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Marty knows the specs. I sent him my BearX strings and he duplicated them. Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a similar experience with my 370 saga. The serving was getting gaps and spacing in between some of the loops after only 50 shots. Bear agreed to warranty the string, but they absolutely would not send it to me. They wouldn't even send it to my bow shop at my request. I had to get the shop owner to contact bear directly and reference my case for them to send him the string. I'm still using the original string as bear said a little spacing is fine and it shoots accurately. I have a spare bear string for emergencies, but I also had a set of strings made by 60x put away for when I need to change them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts