Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted this same question on an other forum as well.

A friend of mine picked up a Bear F340 at cabelas the other day . laminate stock, scope , etc . He tells me it has quad limbs . Have not seen one of these crossbows before . Tried doing a search on the net but could no real info on them . Are they discontinued ? Is Bear not offering crossbows anymore ? Thanks for any info you might have.

( is this the same bow Excalibur / Bear collaborated on a few years back ?? Maxpoint - Paradox ?? ))

Thanks Farmer / Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it is an F340, with a composite style stock then it is from their 2005 line which has since been discontinued. Bear exited the crossbow market slowly over the last 2 to 3 years. If it has wood or laminate, then it is the special make up bow they did for Cabela's. That was a one time in and out bow with only a few hundred ever built. On the upside, either way it has on it the patented "no let off" cam system that was an energy storing beast! Solid bow, should work great, just keep an eye on the trigger as it was recalled a few years ago and I think the recall notice is still up on some sites that sold them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry, I missed the part about buying it from Cabela's direct. That crossbow trigger was re-worked prior to going to Cabela's. Should have no issues, and it should be just fine.

·
1,222 Posts
There was one on e-bay a few weeks ago.

VERY nice looking stock.

Don't have any idea of the mechanics of the bow but from the picture, visually the package was nice.

I bid, but it went a ways over my max. bid!

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts