Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opens here in Sept and am wondering if any of you have recommendations for getting this game with a xbow. Any broadhead recommendations would also be appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I shot one with my Ravin in Alberta last year.I used a Thunderhead broadhead,ad he only went 40 yds,and I heard the death moan.I was rebooked for this June,but Corona messed that up.Pushed it to next year.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Never hunted 'em but watched enough U-tube vids to see that the same broadheads I use for deer would kill bear. Arrow placement is key! Good luck with 'em.;)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I like to deliver as much cutting surface I can. I've only been on one bear hunt but was successful and it went less than 20 yards. I used Grim Reapers Pro Series 4 blade mechanical in 125 gn. Their item/part number is #1645. I also use this on wild hogs and deer. This is NOT a Crossbow Rated broadhead so I band it to control blade deployment. I'm shooting about 420 fps and it works perfectly.

Ontario Black Bear Video

Reactions: GDog-Rick

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have shot my share. I shoot a 390 solution using a grizztrick fixed blade.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If you can bait that's a good way to get them in close. I've also heard that if you have creek where you hunt that you can burn bacon grease and that scents up the place and draws bears from a long way. Good Luck!

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Took the one pictured on my Avatar with a Scorpyd Aculeus, Spynal Tapp Bolt, and Rage Hypodermic. But pretty confident my Excalibur Bulldog 400, Black Eagles and QAD Exodus would do just as well. Have also taken quite a few with a compound - with good shot placement bears are not hard to put down. But stay away from the shoulder blade.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup shot placement is what I'm working on now. Anyone used Sevr? I think I'm going to pick up a couple of those and some Rage Hypos and see what shoots better.

Also TX_RDXguy, I'm literally drooling at that heart pic. Well done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts