Crossbow Nation banner

Bear saga 405 bolts length?

9K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  nick reighard 
#1 ·
Can someone please help me find the answer to how long these bolts are supposed to be. I done seen 20 and 22 inch in different places.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thank you man. My manuel is at home an i live out in the country almost an hour from the town. And hurricane laura messed everything up down here an i been lookin on my phone but service is so bad now cause of hurricane. Anyways thank u man an good hunting

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
From what I'm gaining from reading this forum and shooting crossbows now, is that you can shoot any length arrow that you want from your bow. It really doesn't matter how long the arrow is as long as everything is symmetrically in tune with itself. I think the arrow length is just a recommendation from the manufacturer.

#6 ·
Looking at Bear Archery's website, I only see two choices for crossbow arrows, one they call TrueX Bolts, and one they call Crossbow Bolts. Both are 20" long, and with a 100gr point, are 370gr total weight.

You could buy 22" and if they stick out too far, cut them down.

Many bows can safely shoot shorter arrows as long as you don't shoot less than the minimum weight (370gr in this case), and as long as there's enough room to safely load a broadhead tipped arrow without cutting your fingers!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Looking at Bear Archery's website, I only see two choices for crossbow arrows, one they call TrueX Bolts, and one they call Crossbow Bolts. Both are 20" long, and with a 100gr point, are 370gr total weight.

You could buy 22" and if they stick out too far, cut them down.

Many bows can safely shoot shorter arrows as long as you don't shoot less than the minimum weight (370gr in this case), and as long as there's enough room to safely load a broadhead tipped arrow without cutting your fingers!

I was saying that because I was told that Scorpyd's "tester" was shooting 26" long arrows from the Nemesis when they only recommend 22". I was told they were shooting better than the 22"ers.......

#9 ·
Wow, 26" arrow. That would stick out past the stirrup, and then some.!

I know on my Scorpyd Orion that the 22" arrow is a little long with a broadhead on it. I think a 21" arrow with broadhead would be about perfect as far as length goes.

#10 ·
That's the same way the Nemesis is, 22" is a little to long. I had some cut down to 21" and they fit perfect. I think the Scorpyd "tester" was claiming that the 26" flew better at the higher speeds the Nemesis threw at them. I'm sure they were alot heavier than the 22" though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.