Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farm Deer you got this. Center Point Sniper370 has a CCD that adapts to the man kung made style Xbows. The Constrictor has the exact same adjustable butt stock tube and is compatible. However, when you install the Constrictor Sled to the CenterPoint CCD system it set's to high and pulls off the shooting rail when cocking. If you can install a roller pin similar to what you created for the TS370 and run the cocking rope below your roller pin wheel, opposite to the TS370 it should work on the Constrictor. An added bonus: the Constrictor has the ability to de-cock and should work if you can modify a roller pin for the rail stock. However, be careful because there is no break system on the CCD. That's my disclaimer. Be careful!

TX_RDXguy loaned me his to try out on the Constrictor. My comments are related after installing the Center Point CCD it on the constrictor.

Hope this information helps you or others who desire a CCD setup for the Constrictor.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Another approach option is to change the point where the lower string anchors. If you remove it from the PD shafts, tie them together (securely) and set them in the groove at the back of the stock, the angle of pull will be drastically improved and keep the sled level. It’s a fiddle setup to handle the strings but help with the alignment issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks guys! Tom, photo's???
Okay, received my constrictor today and here is my initial comments:

Packaging: Acceptable (even though UPS bounced it on one corner)
Assembly: Not much. Mount the quiver bracket and slide. I opted for mounting a speed scope for a real test shooting. Easy stuff.
Initial "Feel": SOLID. The bow feels extremely solid. Well designed construction and fastener sizes.

Initial shooting: Started at 20 with included bolts. Gained zero within two adjustments. Dead on. Found I had to shorten the cocking rope 4" due to not having six foot arms! Moved to 40 with the speed ring set at 400. Three shots, 1/2" low. Reduced speed ring down slightly, bingo, dead on. Moved to 60 to find erratic MOI. Bench shot so I could watch the bolt in flight to find the nock end pin wheeling in flight about 40 out from the bow. I checked the CG of the included bolts with my BEE's to find they are tail heavy by 2-1/2" from the BEE's. Pulled an insert form the provided bolts to find aluminum inserts. **** During these initial shots the "orange" string began to separate on the serving and stopped to fix. I then pulled out my reliable BEE's WITH STANDARD MOON NOCKS.. Started over at 20, then 40, then 60 to find I was dead on with slight adjustments due to arrow wt. and CG difference between the BEE's and provided arrows.

If you purchase one of these bows you will be very pleased. However, ditch the bolts straight up. Shooting BEE's out of this bow and it was spot on. I agree with Tom that moon nocks do NOT make any difference in bolt performance. I didn't alter the nocks on my BEE's. Shot straight out of the box.

This bow does take some horsepower to cock. Not so sure I could cock it all day long plinking. It's a long draw and requires some strength.

Only disappointment was that this bow came straight out of Bears warehouse and it had the defective string that was known about months ago. I called Bear and they refuse to send me a string directly saying "liability" will not allow them to send it to the end user and must go to a dealer. Thankfully I have a great friend in life that happens to have a spare "Black" string and is sending to me.

All in all, I give it a 9 for build quality. 5 for the bolts provided(not that other manufacture bolts are any different). 9 for design. 10 for width. 7 for rope cocking (but I'm old).

I'll post more as I discover new things............

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Good review. You didn't mention the trigger so I'll assume it was good? What xbow have you been shooting?

BTW, I'm 5'9" depending on the gravitational pull of the moon and the cocking pull is long. Getting the cocking string handles as close to the string at rest will help with the pull and I think you're there or close.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Trigger is Looong but smooth as silk. Yep, trimmed the cocking rope down to the minimum.
I'm having a problem after adjusting one cable 1/2 twist, see photos at 60 Yards. Yikes, I'm going to have to get a real job now to pay for the damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Farm Deer, great review. It's a shooter. I don't have pics of the CCD that TX_RDXguy (Rich) sent me. Check out Center Point Sniper 370 accessory and you will see how it will fit the Constrictor.

Like Rich I'm curious if you have the same 1/2 pull and 4lb trigger break. If you do Rich does a tremendous job on the man kung triggers.

Ditch those TrueX nock!!! Half Moon nocks work just fine.

The Xbow is built like a tank and shoots fast and accurate.

You're right, you need to eat your Wheaties if you shoot a good bit and manually rope cock the Constrictor.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I already googled the CCD. I'm drawing up a CCD now. Nothing else to do, I ran out of bolts,,,, LOL, just kidding.
I love both of my TS370's but this thing is amazing. Damn fast too!

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trigger is Looong but smooth as silk. Yep, trimmed the cocking rope down to the minimum.
I'm having a problem after adjusting one cable 1/2 twist, see photos at 60 Yards. Yikes, I'm going to have to get a real job now to pay for the damage.
Oh Snap, I've hit nocks out at 60 yards with the Constrictor but not Robin Hood. Wow, 60 yards!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Outstanding shooting: the bow, arrow and the Indian. :D

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already googled the CCD. I'm drawing up a CCD now. Nothing else to do, I ran out of bolts,,,, LOL, just kidding.
I love both of my TS370's but this thing is amazing. Damn fast too!
Haha, yea, this is quite the bargain at $500. I mean serious legit shooter. It's little brother the BearX IntenseCD is similarly impressive. Easier to cock but shoots 10fps slower. It has the same exact trigger assembly.

I mean, come'on, 60 yards. That is just ridiculously impressive! Enough of that shooting at the same POA. ;)

What speed scope did you mount on the Constrictor?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I closed my eyes while squeezing the trigger!o_O You know as well as I, a little bit of luck involved.
Had one cam leaning just .005" off to the other. Made the adjustment and it happened.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh crap, this is going to one a fun thread. Congrats Farm Deer on your BearX Constrictor. BS on the luck. We make our own luck! Well done sir!

Can't wait to see how you machine a fix for the CCD setup for the Constrictor.

To be continued.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haha, yea, this is quite the bargain at $500. I mean serious legit shooter. It's little brother the BearX IntenseCD is similarly impressive. Easier to cock but shoots 10fps slower. It has the same exact trigger assembly.

I mean, come'on, 60 yards. That is just ridiculously impressive! Enough of that shooting at the same POA. ;)

What speed scope did you mount on the Constrictor?

SightMark Core SX. I'm extremely happy with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I looked at the CP CCD. Two versions are available. I'm ordering the one that appears to have a lower pull off the drum so as to hold the sled down on the rail. I my have to cannibalize the provided rope cocker to use the Bear sled.
For the price, $65.00, I cannot make custom cranks for that. So, let me test this CP unit and see if it can be slightly modified to work perfect. Stay tuned......

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Folks, $500 dollar Xbow from BearX website, Robin Hood at 60 yards. Nuff said! Farm Deer, not see many do that before at this distance.

Added a pic of my real passion, fishing. Lake Erie Walleye: 13 lbs. 8 oz.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've done that in my younger days troll around for them great eating Walleye. Even took a plane boat to fly in and land on water in Canada and catch our belly's full everyday. That is some of the best eating fish on the planet.

However that Robin Hood at 60 yards is a nice distraction.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I removed the trigger box on the Constrictor. Examined the sear and geometry to find that I can provide an adjustable sear and be able to make adjustment from the bottom of the stock once the bow is fully assembled without the need to alter any trigger box components. This way the shooter can adjust the amount of trigger pull distance until satisfied with the travel.

This only requires 1- 10/24 tapped hole in the aluminum stock to set the sear zero position and also the appropriate hole in the plastic stock to access the the set screw that make the sear zero adjustment. 1,450" is the hole location from the back edge of the aluminum stock to this tapped hole location. I am also setting the pivot pins in the trigger and link to remove the trigger "wiggle".

I'll send photo's of before and after so all can see this really simple revision that will remove the looooong trigger pull issue with The constrictor. I am not changing the pull pressure. I like mine a bit more than most due to possible "hair" trigger pressure discharge.

Happy Memorial Day to All

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I removed the trigger box on the Constrictor. Examined the sear and geometry to find that I can provide an adjustable sear and be able to make adjustment from the bottom of the stock once the bow is fully assembled without the need to alter any trigger box components. This way the shooter can adjust the amount of trigger pull distance until satisfied with the travel.

This only requires 1- 10/24 tapped hole in the aluminum stock to set the sear zero position and also the appropriate hole in the plastic stock to access the the set screw that make the sear zero adjustment. 1,450" is the hole location from the back edge of the aluminum stock to this tapped hole location. I am also setting the pivot pins in the trigger and link to remove the trigger "wiggle".

I'll send photo's of before and after so all can see this really simple revision that will remove the looooong trigger pull issue with The constrictor. I am not changing the pull pressure. I like mine a bit more than most due to possible "hair" trigger pressure discharge.

Happy Memorial Day to All
Actually it requires more than that but you're about to discover that. Add to that plan a method to hold/lock that rocker adjustment screw in place after it's adjusted. You also SHOULD shorten the pin inside the trigger box under the rocker or you will limit the mount of adjustment you have before the safety won't work correctly.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Farm Deer, TX-RDX_guy is the man on these Man Kung triggers. Carry forward. Good Karma!

Can't wait to see what you come up with on the CCD for the Constrictor. That will attractive to many BearX owners.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Farm Deer, TX-RDX_guy is the man on these Man Kung triggers. Carry forward. Good Karma!

Can't wait to see what you come up with on the CCD for the Constrictor. That will attractive to many BearX owners.
He's on the right track Tom and it takes time to understand how it all works together. That's why this forum exists... ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts